Tools

What is your "home hunt"?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finally got enough time off work to post some pics. Everything but the aoudad is a local hunt. Aoudad is on public land in New Mexico just a few hours away.

Posts: 146 | Location: Parks AZ | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't make a lot of pictures when hunting "at home", but it's mainly roedeer, wildboar.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few more pics from the last couple seasons. Mostly hunt with family and friends. If anyone's interested in trading hunts send me a PM. I enjoy helping other people experience a hunt they might not be able to otherwise. Coues deer are an easy draw and we have a pretty good success rate on decent bucks. Javelina is a relatively easy hunt for anyone wanting one.

One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Hunts here at home (north Alabama & south Tennessee) include whitetail deer, wild turkeys, hogs and wing shooting of doves and waterfowl.

... did I mention wild turkeys !

Andy

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see more pics of those lopes Southwest!! Great stuff. What are you looking to trade?

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll look and see which other antelope pics I can find. Unfortunately our house was broken into 4 years ago and the computer with a lot of my pics was stolen along with some photo albums and just about everything else in the house. Lesson learned I now have all my pics backed up to an external hard drive that's kept in my safe. Pretty much open to most swaps. Mostly interested in hunts we don't have available in the southwest. I hunt muleys,coues deer,elk,antelope and bear here a lot.

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Great pictures !! Thanks for sharing them.

Down here in Uruguay my home hunt is chasing pigs every week or every two weeks.

I always use my 6,5x55 for hunt them. Here is a picture of a really big and old one that I hunted two months ago.

I hope the picture upload correctly as I am using photobucket for iPad for the first time !!!

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a massive pig Eeker.
Did you weigh it?

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
We estimated something around 170 kilos maybe ? Not sure but it was on a sorgum plantation so they were very fat.

The same pig in other time of the year must be around 140 kilos. After the summer they are always more heavy because of the corn, sorgum, sunflowers, ets

Regards
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote