Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Argentina Wild boar hunting and more
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Doug:
All the pictures have a nice story, you can see my partner hunting with Dogo dogs & knife a hog, Juan and Paimun (one of his favorite dogs) a very good wild boar hunted with my guide (in the photo the hunter and the skinner), and myself with a red stag in the company of one of my trackers (Indian tribe Mapuche). I’m a PH in Argentina, and have lots of anecdotes of different safaris. You want some in particular? I can tell you about: buff hunt, red stag, hogs, puma, wingshooting, fishing, etc.
Willy

Posts: 74 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having looked at your website, I was impressed. And then I got to the part that states:

"All hunting is fair chose. Our success rate is
100%"

Maybe I'm the only one that has a problem with that statement, but then, I'm kind of leery of grand, sweeping claims of 100% guarantees, no matter what. Is this a guaranteed no kill, no pay type deal? Not accusing anyone, just that the statement made had the wee alarm bells ringing in my head.

Leighton

Posts: 142 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 15 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Sounds good juan, i had convinced my wife yesterday about going down there shes up for it she doesn't hunt but i'm sure i can think of something for her to do down there while i hunt. I also didn't tell her i wanted to go down there and hunt. Do you hunt at night with the dogs just wondereing cause thats how i hunt the hogs here in texas with my dogs.

Posts: 13 | Location: south texas | Registered: 19 August 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Sounds good juan, i'm looking forward to making a hunt next yr, if possible.

Posts: 13 | Location: south texas | Registered: 19 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
we hunt at day or nigth hogs are everywhere here.millions od doves parrots and prtrige too.juan

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You guys just can't imagine the amount of possibilities while hunting there. I fully believe that if you hunted a different species every day....you would have the opertunity to harvest that species. You need to travel between the different areas but while hunting......WOW!
I have hunted over 20 years now and I have never experianced anything like it! You have to see to believe.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I killed a bunch of birds and a couple of medium size hogs in Argentina, in '97.
I used a borrowed 870/12ga.
I don't remember the name of the area. I was working in Bahia Blanca. Some friends from work took me hunting. If I remember correctly, we were about 4 hours from Bahia.
The birds were everywhere.
I used Fiocci slugs on the boar.

Posts: 260 | Location: ky. | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote