ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    Bear Video from British Columbia Bear with Double Rifle

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bear Video from British Columbia Bear with Double Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted
Video of second bear taken with Heym 577NE double rifle in BC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFr6li-fK7E

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Congrats! PM sent.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where did you hit him with first shot.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Where did you hit him with first shot.

First one was to far back, the way the bear looked at the time of the first was different then it was. The first ended up a high ponch shot a quick follow up was the medicine.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not being negative but it shows a gut shot no matter with even a really big round is still a gut shot.

Yes the angles on a bear in a tree can be a bit different then one standing on the ground.

By the looks of the ground it seems it would have been a easier skiing job at the base of the tree.

One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Not being negative but it shows a gut shot no matter with even a really big round is still a gut shot.

Yes the angles on a bear in a tree can be a bit different then one standing on the ground.

By the looks of the ground it seems it would have been a easier skiing job at the base of the tree.

PDog: Nothing negative about your post. It is what it is… a dead bear. Sxit happens and a shot is a bit far back, what matters is how you clean it up Wink

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tell every body that I hunt with it if is still moving shoot it again if safe.

Ammo is cheap.

As some one else's posts the famous last words of a trophy fee gone bad don't shoot again you hit it hard the first time.

I was in MT hunting and due to property dispute you didn't want the game to cross the fence.

I shot my buck 4 times with my 338wm he died two feet from the fence on the right side.

I was kidded a lot for shooting him 4 times.

The next day one of the kidders lost a nice one over the fence because his first shot was good one.

He latter said you know what from now on I'll keep shooting.