Find
Notify
Tools

NEW MEXICO MULIE
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted
Just returned from a great hunt with Bill and PJ Nelson of Apache Creek NM. We glassed 27 bucks in a day and a couple hours of the next day. I shot the one I wanted at 290 yds (rangefinder) with my Al Biesen 270 and 130 gr. federal premium ammo.

PJ is fabulous at spotting bucks. The hunt takes place on a working cattle ranch. You stay at a farmhouse. The food and all the arrangements are great. You can also do a combo mulie and lion hunt with these guys.

See their web site at http://www.gilanet.com/bngs/

Allen Johnson

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So tell us more about the buck you shot. Any photos?

Posts: 210 | Location: Montana | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
palmer
Did you stay at Buddy Johnson ranch on mule creek?Meeting him is worth the price of admission.
PJ is a very good guide.
I killed this buck last year with them,a good hunt.

-

[ 11-14-2002, 01:52: Message edited by: T.Carr ]

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
JeffP
Yep, I stayed the same place and enjoyed talking with Buddy and learning about his parents, lion dogs etc. As you probably learned, Buddy has never worked anywhere but on that ranch. He was rounding up and shipping out cows when I was there. Interesting to see - like the movies.

Nice buck by the way. You got me beat. I was able to get an oddball buck that you may have passed up. It was a large 2x2 that they said several hunters have taken a pass on for the last few years. He only had two points one each side but every point was tall. I liked him because he was different. He was standing beside 3 other deer when I shot him - one of which was a real nice but typical 3x3.

Allen

one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Allen
Yes I did pass on that buck...as I recall he was
a big forkie and very unusal.Should make a neat
mount.We also enjoyed the hunt,my wife killed a nice 4x4 also.Would love to do it again,but alas
I booked a sheep hunt in the NWT.Someday we'll
go back.
Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Allen,

Here is your picture

-

The picture you want to post is not the original picture (big size) nor the thumbnail size. You want to left click on a thumbnail and then copy the URL of that picture. The URL should end in ".jpg" ONLY. It should not end in "jpg.thumb" nor "jpg.orig"

Regards,

Terry

[ 11-15-2002, 04:14: Message edited by: T.Carr ]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry. Ill try that next time. Hope you are enjoying the rain tonite and the 22 degree opener for deer season tomorrow.
Allen

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
OOPS That Dubai date threw me. The Mo. season starts the 16th not tomorrow! Hope I didnt get anybody heading to the woods too early.

Allen

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Allen,

Yes, our first bit of winter. I've enjoyed my first Missouri summer (compared to Texas). The Missouri winter may be a bit cold for me though.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
This is the Buddy Johnson ranch. It looks something like some of the pictures of South Africa.  -