New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wound Warriors in Action Bear hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This past week week was a very memorable week for me and my wife as we had donated a black bear hunt to WWIA and hosted SGT Major Pat Corcoran who served for 26 years and was blown up in Afganistan 9 months away from retirement.

This hunt was filmed by Nosler Magnum TV anf host Gary Joseph was the perfect host for the job. He feels the same about the men and women serving as my wife and I.

Mike Martell from Action Trackchair Oregon drove this awesome chair up for the hunt. What a Life changing experiance for all of us.

Here is Pat with his bear, a real hero

Mike Martell and Gary Joseph with Gary's bear

The whole crew with Pats bear.

A special thanks to John McDaniel who founded WWIA who accompanied Pat on this trip, a lot of friendships where made.
WWIA is a worthy cause and really helps get the wounded back outdoors.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding patriot

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Doug,

I am so glad it all turned out well. I knew You would like Gary...I can't wait to see the footage from this special hunt.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wtnut
posted Hide Post
Class act by everyone involved! Nice bear real nice bear really really nice bear!! Thanks for sharing.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
This is awesome! Keep up the good work!

~Ann

Posts: 19172 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Just saw this thread and its the best one I have seen on AR in a long time, maybe ever! I am literally awestruck by the men and women of the armed services. The fact that they signed a blank check with their life to protect and defend all of our freedom is amazing. I will be indebted to them for the rest of my life

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
Just saw this thread and its the best one I have seen on AR in a long time, maybe ever! I am literally awestruck by the men and women of the armed services. The fact that they signed a blank check with their life to protect and defend all of our freedom is amazing. I will be indebted to them for the rest of my life

Drummond, that is exactly how I feel, even though I live in a different country then a lot of you, we are all in this together.
I hope all the outfitters reading this will get intouch with John McDaniel from WWIA and do what they can to help. I am sure John would be happy to take donations as well to help with the cost of doing these hunts. John for years payed out of his own pocket to get the hero's out doors. I hope everyone reading this says a quick prayer for those in the service.

Doug McMann
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug,

I really want to say Thank You for everything you have done! This is one hell of a great opportunity you put together and I am sure everyone involved greatly appreciates your hard work.

I have been in the Army for 15 years at this point and am thankful for all of the support everyone gives to those that serve in the military.

Thank you!

SFC Robert Wood
FOB Salerno, Afghanistan

Posts: 51 | Location: Fort Richardson, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by broncoformudv:
Doug,

I really want to say Thank You for everything you have done! This is one hell of a great opportunity you put together and I am sure everyone involved greatly appreciates your hard work.

Robert, this is just a small thank you to all in the service. I hope to repeat this yearly.
I have been in the Army for 15 years at this point and am thankful for all of the support everyone gives to those that serve in the military.

Thank you!

SFC Robert Wood
FOB Salerno, Afghanistan

Doug McMann
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chilcotin hillbilly:
quote:
Originally posted by broncoformudv:
Doug,

Thank you!

SFC Robert Wood
FOB Salerno, Afghanistan

Robert, this is just a small thank you to men and women in uniform, I hope to repeat this yearly.

Doug McMann
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0