New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sad news
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yesterday during a wild boar hunt, Mr. Alberto Kohan, former Secretary of State under Dr. Carlos Menem�s government and a well known hunter, suffered an accidental discharge of his firearm. It isn�t yet clear if it was a 454 Casull revolver or a 308 rifle. Nevertheless the bullet shattered his right knee, and presumable cut major blood vessels. As per this moment, Mr. Kohan is in a critical condition after surgery, due to loss of blood and shock.
The hunting location was in the Bah�a Creek zone and getting to the hospital required an hour, which added to the patient�s severe wounds. It seems he is in danger of losing his leg.
I don�t agree with most of his politics, but feel sorry for a fellow hunter and again must emphasize Rule Four: do not point your gun to something you don�t want to destroy.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Just look at how some hunters handle guns at the gun stores and in the field. People get complacent about something they "know" about.

one of us
posted Hide Post
All the best to the injured Mr. Kohan. Sad as it is, accidents happen, and as 475Guy stated, they mostly happen when we become complacent, gun handling becoming a routine. It really is amazing that no more accidents happen, I often have to wipe the sweat off my brow when I see how people handle rifles on the range - shudder.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote