New
Find
Notify
Tools

P.O.W. Island. self guided bear/deer hunts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
There was a post on this some time back. Does anyone have any current info on doing a self-guided black bear and deer hunt on Prince of Wales Island? Would very much apreciate it. Plan would be to depart from Ketchikan to POW or possibly ferry from Prince Rupert to POW. Trip would be 2, probably, with a max of 4 folks.

Again, any and all info on vehicle rentals, boat rentals, cabins or hotels - just any advice at all. I have the gear for drop camp/beach camping, etc. all of it expedition, lightweight, waterproof but would certainly entertain all advised options including staying on a boat. Would like a combo deer/bear event but would settle for bear only.

Thanks, Amigos

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try this site.

http://www.deercreekcottage.com/

They supply lodging, boat, truck and maps. One of the booking agents I dealt with highly recommends them. It is something like $980 per man for the week with a 4 man minimum. It is a self guided hunt, but a hell of alot more comfortable and accesible than camping on the beach.

If you need a 4th man, let me know...

Posts: 352 | Location: NJ | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check your PM. I much appreciate this.

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote