one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted
Should be glassing bull caribou as I type,HOWEVER,
the air service I use left town.I understand his
father died.But...he contacted another service to
take me out.A rep did pick me up at the Iliamna
airport BUT...the original cost was $1250.00 of
which I paid a $625.00 deposit (did not get back).
The new flight service wanted $1750.00 which I did
not like but figured I was there,they got me by the short hairs,so I agreed to fly with them.I
brought enough cash to pay the $625.00 balance but
not the balance from $1750.00. I had a credit card, which they can't accept,SO...I have @ $1400.00 invested in a 6000 mile round trip sight
tour,RRRRR!!!!!
Will wait to see how/IF this is made right before
I name names.
Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JeffP

This SUCKS! It's not enough that they screw you over on the price but then they won't allow you to wire the cash to them after the fact or even arrange to have it wired while you are there! It never ceases to amaze me when people in the service industry provide minimal service [Frown]

Hope it works out!

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whats worse is the fact that the origional charter didn't set things up before hand when he had to cancel due to the family issue. Miscommunication always makes for poor customer service and that is what the name of the game is.

Any luck Jeff?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
The original flt service has offered to return
my deposit as well as my round trip to/from AK.
I have flown with him 2x before and this has never
happened before.
Will see
Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I won't mention names but he's not a big tall guy with blonde hair is he?? I've flown out with him and his service a couple times and think he's A-1.
D kraky

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like names regardless of how it turns out if possible. Email me privately if you prefer. I have no humor for this type of thing in the great state of Alaska.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Kraky
Who in Iliamna are you thinking of???
Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent you a private e mail on this OK??

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Air taxi DID NOT make this right!
Will respond to him,and check on legal alternatives.Right now I got screwed.
Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to here this Jeff.
Please post Company names to serve as a warning if you are so inclined.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Jeff - pls do post, regardless of how it works out. Prior to my trip to AK this year, I visited an AK forum that gets a lot of questions about taxi services. They cannot post "negative" comments, but forum regulars point people here (which is how I found the A/R forums).

Good luck w/this Jeff, I hope they do what is right.

Bill

In case you want to post a reference here, the forum is at: www.outdoorsdirectory.com/forum/akhuntforum/

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
After I sent a letter to him,he did send me the
full amount for deposit and airfare.Still out the
tag money etc...but not out all of it.
Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff for the update and glad you got some of your money back.