ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    Old Mexico 2013-2014 season (more pictures added)

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Mexico 2013-2014 season (more pictures added)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CamoManJ
posted
Mexico this last season was tough, however I hunted hard and did the best I could. The majority of the bucks were in the 2.5 to 3.5 year old 130 to 145 B&C class, as it was apparent that northern Mexican bucks are recovering from their severe drought. If the region gets more rain, many does culled/relocated, hunters/ranchers allow the bucks reach at least 5.5 years old or older, in at least 2 years, preferably 3 years...Los Gigantes will be more common. Most importantly, know who your friends are & who aren't, trust is paramount. I apologize for not writing a more detailed report, enjoy the pictures.

1st Buck: 6.5 year old, 9 point, 17 7/8" wide, 138 4/8 B&C @ Angadi

2nd Buck: 5.5 year old, 11 point, 18 1/8" wide, 149 4/8 B&C @ Angadi

Spot & stalked this sow from 600 yards, shot off hand @ about 80 yards, head shot, DRT.

1st shot gunned coyote, 20 ga Remington sportsman 48 inherited from grandfather, # 4 buck shot, very effective.

Shot the 1st two coyotes with the shot gun up close, grabbed the 270 BAR & 3rd coyote stopped @ about 75 yards responding to my bark.

270 BAR Double...

Another one...

Four more...

1st Shot gunned double; they were practically in my lap within seconds of turning on the call, two more.

Total of 14 coyotes killed in a day & half, solo. Missed a few & a few busted me. The cats got super lucky, zero & saw only 2.

Barn pigeons @ camp

Trapped live blue quail for the grill. We did have a trap that had 23 quail in them, our record by far.

This is why I wear snake boots...6 foot 2 inches. 2 weeks earlier I had been hit by one in tall golden grass, not too far from where I killed this one. (felt like I got hit by a broomstick by an angry woman)

"A Lone Hunter is the Best Hunter..."

Posts: 426 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 25 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a predator hunter's dream.

Good looking deer too.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
Looks like the coyotes may be more on an issue than the drought! Good shooting. That had to be a fun time.

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CamoManJ
posted Hide Post
Official 2013-2014 Hat & Picture

The 9 point:

The 11pt was scored in my absence.

Here's another picture of the triple.

Posts: 426 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 25 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CamoManJ
posted Hide Post
drewhenry...Thank you & yes, the predator hunting down there is amazing.

safari james...Thanks. Yes, I would think that predator control would be beneficial to the overall deer population. I've never seen so many of them, just too many.

Another fact, predator hunting sure does make up for the lack of Trophy bucks. We were after 160 B&C+, where you get a nice jacket @ Angadi that is personalized with your name & category.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Nice deer and the drought has been playing hell with south Texas and northern Mexico the last few years!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is why I wear snake boots...6 foot 2 inches. 2 weeks earlier I had been hit by one in tall golden grass, not too far from where I killed this one. (felt like I got hit by a broomstick by an angry woman)

Great photos.

Now, there has to be a story behind knowing what it is like to be hit with a broomstick by an angry woman. Seems like an analogy with some experience behind it, just saying.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CamoManJ
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting...Bwana & Use Enough Gun.

Farbedo...I went after a wounded buck for a younger friend of mine in the dark & since I had snake boots on, I volunteered to walk through the knee high grass that looked "snakier" than hell. Sure enough, about 100 yards into it, I get hit. I never saw the snake, wasn't able to identify the species, jumping and running back to the truck like Fred Flintstone, leaving my flashlight behind. I yanked off my Chippewa boot and had a nice red mark just above my ankle, but no fang marks. Tall grass will never be the same for me & I was glad it hit me instead of my good friend. The angry woman with a broomstick is probably a story best left unsaid, but thankfully wasn't my loving wife. LoL. Thanks for posting.

Photos were taken by my trusty ol BlackBerry Bold 9900.

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Great photos thanks for sharing

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CamoManJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samir:
Great photos thanks for sharing

I was happy to do it, Thanks for posting.

One of Us
Picture of CamoManJ
posted Hide Post

My mount is ready for pick up.

This is the 11 point, 149 4/8 buck.

Seven months wait is very reasonable for taxidermy, I'm pleased.