ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    coes deer hunt, ward's outfitters, sonora, mexico

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

coes deer hunt, ward's outfitters, sonora, mexico
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
came back from this hunt and was smiliing for a change.

shot a very nice 4 x 4, 100 s.c.i. buck under very difficult weather conditions (90+ degrees every day). on a ranch that has never been hunted by outfitters and had 6,000 acres. deer were abundant, however due to the heat not moving much.

we had very tame horses every day to ride so hiking and lost time was kept to a minimum. days were full and long. we also had 2 wranglers that saddled the horses, tied them up,, carried our stuff and even helped us glass. they are very good spotters. they also gave input as to the best places to see the big ones. as who knows better than them. this ranch was extremely remote and took 90 min. by 4 wheel drive to reach the ranch house from the nearest paved road.

we stayed in a clean hotel every nite that also did our laundry.

we had a local cook that was very good and the food was a variety of local as well as the usual american fare. bottled water only.

guides put out 110% all day every day. they took no time for naps or other b.s.. very serious/determined about u getting a deer that u are happy with, 100% success rate. i sent my friend when i got back and he too had a good experience. u need big glass, 15x for the deer are far and blend in very well. outfitter was very attentive and accomodating. this was the first year he has hunted this ranch or anyone else. deer are completely undisturbed.

this hunt was in sonora and this outfitter also hunts on the arizona side of the border for black bear, coes deer, elk, havelina and specializes in bowhunters and their needs as well.

i not only recommend this guy but i will be going back next year with the expectation of taking a b.& c. buck. i will also bring a couple of friends with me. now that i have been the guinea pig and tested this place and outfitter out. outfitter was also open to suggestions. prices were very reasonable and a very good value for my $ and had high business and hunting ethics. guides were all americans. gun expediter was totally bi lingual and professional. he even met us at the weapons check point and came to the ranch mid way thru the hunt to make sure everything was going smoothly and we were having a good time. he answered any questions about the guns as well.

hit me offline if anyone has questions.

cold zero

ward's outfitters
steve ward
wilcox, AZ.
520-384-5150
520-404-5114

one of us
posted Hide Post
sounds great! any pictures?

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there are photoso that are digital. my reg camera the battery wqas dead like the deer. i have to take the camera to walgreens to see if they can get the 6 trophy photos out of it. i cant.

cold zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the coues.
I read your account on the coues site about the other two hunts, glad to see this was a much better one.

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote