New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wing Shooting with Juan Pozzi in Argentina
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Pam and I just got back from a wonderful wing shooting experience in Argentina. I was planning to post some pictures along with this post, but I see that Juan has already posted some. Those pictures are from Pam's camera. We had to download our chip to Guadalupe's (Juan's secretary) computer so that he would have some pictures of our hunt. Want to know why this had to be done? On the last day of our hunt we built a fire out in the field, enjoying an Argentine beer and terrific sundown when we heard a loud pop. About like a 22 long rifle going off. We all wondered what it was as it was not loud enough or powerful enough to be a stray 12 ga. shell. Well, the next day we found out. The pop was the battery from Juan's wife's camera. Juan had somehow placed the camera in an empty box which wound up in the fire. Flavia was not happy! Well, now you know where the photos of piles of ducks, pigeons an doves went.

I don't have any idea of how many of each was shot. I had a pretty good average on cranes, pigeons, and ducks. Everything went to hell for me on the doves. They are a little larger than one half of a White Wing here in New Mexico and twice as fast. It is next to impossible to pick out one out of a swarm. I am not a wing shooter. The last time I went bird hunting was in 1980 on the Yellowtail Unit in Northwestern Wyoming. I'll say this, dove shooting in Argentina can be a humbling experience.

There was no lack of birds! I shot over 2000 shells in four days! I just could not hit them. I think if I hit one in five shots that would be good.

We stayed at a older lodge of very unique architecture, done years ago by a South African. The lodge is very comfortable and spacious.

You will have to do some real lookin' to find better meals. Our meals were prepared by Flavia, Juans wife who is a gourmet cook. You are guaranteed to put on some weight while you are there.

We did not take our own shotguns because of the hassle in getting them into Argentina. Juan supplied the shotguns without charge. The guns we used (a Beretta and Browning) were in good shape and shot well. Hunting in Argentina is testimony to the quality of a shotgun as they get severe use there.

Folks in Argentina love their dogs and there are a lot of them there. Juan is no exception. He has a lot of dogs, however, all of them are hunting dogs. Two of his dogs are retrievers and they are top notch. A lot of our enjoyment of the hunt is watching the dogs work.

One of the highlights of our trip was Juan teaching Pam to wing shoot. Juan supplied the instructions, birds, shells etc without extra charge. Pam came away with a sore shoulder and a big smile.

The total cost of this hunt was right at $3,000.00 for everything. Of course, this does not include the airfare to Argentina. This hunt is affordable and I recommend it to anyone who would be looking for a good, affordable, fast pace, fun hunt.

Posts: 790 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear friends Hoot is too humble ,hes an experienced skeet shooter ,and he was great on doves ,he shoot near the 50 percent on doves ,and this is very good .Pam learnt fast with shotgun and he is deadly with the rifle -he killed hundreds of parakeets in the eucaliptus trees with a 22 -Icanno post the photos of piles of ducks because i have had an accident with my camera Frownerwe have had a great time guiding this now GREAT FRIENDS and we hope to see them again as soon as posibly .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
THE PHOTOS OF THE DUCKS ARE FOR PAM MY FRIEND .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hoot and Pam are great hunters with a lot of international experience ,Hoot was very good on doves ,indeed one of the best shooters i guided .
This hunt wasnt for elefant but i believe they have had a great time .

Posts: 108 | Location: Cordoba | Registered: 15 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another sucessfull safari ,it seems that we are doing a good work ,althoug many people adviced us that guiding one client each time isnt good business ,we are collecting one good report after another ,so we will mantain the standards of our safari operation .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Beautiful birds! Congrats! tu2

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Wonderful, hunting as only my dear friend Juan can provide. I am looking fwd to going back in August.
Great job Juan and good shooting by Hoit and Pam. Everyone I have ever recommended to Juan Pozzi has come back after a top notch experience.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mfischer:
Another sucessfull safari ,it seems that we are doing a good work ,althoug many people adviced us that guiding one client each time isnt good business ,we are collecting one good report after another ,so we will mantain the standards of our safari operation .

Marcos...will be with you in August with my grandson, Sam. Un gran abrazo, amigo.
Bill

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope to guide you some days ,if we dont have another clients ill be guiding you .Many ducks this season and many hunters .Larry Sellers sent many hunters .You must go to Juans Corrientes lodge www.posadamelmuelle.com there is the best fishing and big game hunting your grandson will love it .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote