Find
Notify
Tools

Images from a successful elk hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
I just got back from a hunt trying out a new outfitter to book for in western CO near Grand Junction. It was late October so I assumed the bugle would be over. It was not. I shot my bull out of a group of 60ish elk, he was the herd bull bugling up a storm and chasing cows.

I saw some really good bulls. 1st day a nice 6x7 I couldn't guess a score on as it was a quick look. Then a 350+ bull we made a move on, and he vanished.

Next morning we went looking for him, and ran into the big herd, and I killed.

I stuck around to look for a bear and enjoy the mountains. The last night I saw a 350-360 bull and watched him until dark. The other hunter in camp killed a bull that I would say was easily 325-330, and very heavy.

Better hunt than I expected. I just love bugling elk. Hope you enjoy the photos my cameraman and I took...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
nice pics and a great bull

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Great pictures, thanks. I know zip about elk but he looks great to me !! Congratulations.

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing!

Ski+3

Posts: 859 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Skip Nantz

Posts: 538 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Tim, I love the area you hunted. Those are outstanding photographs, I wish I had some of your photography talents.
Thank you for sharing

Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Aziz, thanks. I wish I was a good photographer as well. As is usually the case , Most of the good photos were taken by my cameraman. I can't take credit.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
very nice!

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim,
Was this unit 40 and on private land?

"Politicians, attorney's, and shooters of wildlife behind high fences. Take em all down to south Texas, put em inside a high fenced escape proof enclosure without their guns and let the rattlesnakes cull em out."

One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Nice!

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Echo I think it was 31-32...yes private...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com