Find
Notify
Tools

Dove Shooting in North Africa?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Cool

Perhaps someone out there can assist? I've just posted a thread on Bird Hunting with some queries about Dove Shooting in South America and realised that years ago I read about Whitewing Dove Shooting in Morrocco.

Are there still oportunites there or has it become out-of-favor, politically challenged? Can anyone elaborate?

Thanks alot,

Gerry

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerry,

Egypt is the place! If you come over in December, you can shoot Green Winged Teal, Northern Shovelers, and Painted Snipe in the mornings followed by Palm Doves in the afternoon. If you want just doves and quail you can come any time up through the end of April. Erik von Eckhardt runs these shoots with a local partner and they are very well put together. They take place in the Fayoum Oasis about 90km from Cairo and the scenery and culture are fabulous. I actually request the same Shikari every time I go as he is the most helpful guy I have ever seen on any huting trip. I went twice this year and am planning to make it a regular excursion. You can pretty much count on 10 ducks in the mornings and 30-50 doves in the afternoons. Not as high volume as South America but you can't beat the experience.
Further, I know some good restaurants and places to stay in Cairo if you want to stay longer than the actual shoot. If you need any help, please send a PM to let me know.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Smiler

Thanks for the info John, I've sent a PM.

Gerry

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote