ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could use a partner for an Oz buff hunt ..
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yo! A few years ago I needed a partner for a Namibian leopard hunt and got on AR and asked if anyone was interested .. Several were, and when the dust had finally settled both my partner and I whacked leopards .. and a couple other members killed cats within the next year or two .. A year or so later I needed a partner for a water buffalo hunt in far off Uruguay .. almost no notice at all .. and I ended up with a most excellent partner from Connecticut. We both got fabulous bulls although one nearly got even. Now I need another hunting partner for Oz. My wife and I are haring it over there for a hunt that commences July 20th. We would have to arrive on the 18th as it is a two day drive to our tent camp in a part of Northern Australia (Eastern Armhelm land) where the salties have recently eaten a couple of unlucky tourists .. My wife and I will be paying $2200 for the 5 day hunt .. plus $200 a day for her as an observer and she can shoot game for the trophy fee. This is a management buffalo hunt as I am more interested in the experience than I am in a very expensive big bull .. Cows are $300 each .. management bulls are $900. If someone would like to come along and hunt also .. share a few laughs and campfires .. the cost goes down to $1,700. I can afford the extra $500 .. but I find good company is also much to be desired. (Bad company, however ... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr !!! thumbdown) There was a chap from Manitoba who had expressed interest earlier but he seems to have disappeared .. Confused The four days of travelling is also around $900 in total. But a person can see a bit of the country .. From there I hope to fly to Perth and then to Johannesburg and on to Windhoek for my normal month or longer of hunting ... If anyone is interested, please drop me a line .. if not, have a Happy New Year !!! beer

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Normally, I'd jump on this since I've always wanted to do Water Buff in OZ. But in early June I ship out for another tour of duty in the Middle East.

Cheers

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote