New
Find
Notify
Tools

Olympic Mountain Outfitters?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone hunted with Mike Vaughn of Olympic Mountain Outfitters. Looking at a late season muzzleloader elk hunt in Washington for December. Met him at the San Mateo expo and enjoyed talking with him. Curious if anyone has done that hunt?

Thanks,

Sean

Posts: 161 | Location: La Honda, California | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sean
I dont know this outfitter but I will ask around.
I know a few guys that hunt elk with muzzleloaders here in the olympics and they complain about the limited areas for muzzleloader season. Only a few units are open so it forces all the hunters into those areas. I've been hunting the Olympics my whole life becus I live here but after seeing Colarado, Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming I would pick one of those states and hunt rocky mountain elk. They have better herd populations and if your going to pay out of state tag fees/guide, look real hard at some of the game depatments figures on game populatins and hunter sucsess.

Posts: 109 | Location: Washington | Registered: 18 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sean
Today in the lunch room I asked if anyone heard of olympic mountain outfitters,afew of the guys I have known for awile and I value their thoughts when it comes to elk hunting. Well 3 of the guys have heard of them but that was about it. The one thing all the guys did say was if your looking for a out of state elk hunt look at some of the other states,The hunting will be beter.If the reason you are thinking about hunting here if becus you want a rosavelt insted of a rocky mountain elk then look at British Columbia.

Posts: 109 | Location: Washington | Registered: 18 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jamie, thanks for the feedback. I guess the attraction was that I could drive there in a day or two and also the price is only 2800 for a five day hunt. One of my main concerns is getting the meat back safely.

Thanks,

Sean

Posts: 161 | Location: La Honda, California | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
(Deleted)

[ 03-16-2003, 10:11: Message edited by: John Ricks ]

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote