ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    Argentinean shooters that use the .458 Win Mag

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Argentinean shooters that use the .458 Win Mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Posted Apr 14, 1:50 PM
I has just flashed back into my old seniors mind that someone in Argentina, most probably one of you, is shooting my old Ruger 77 in this nice deadly caliber. I know the gun went to Argentina because the dealer that sold for me on consignment told me so. Who ever got it got a really good deal.
SO IF HAVE A RUGER .458 MAG WITH A MUZZLE BREAK AND A LARGE PEEP REAR SIGHT YOU HAVE GOT MY GUN.
I also included a number of VERY SPECIAL CASES.
They were O'Connor Rifle Products Stainless Steel headed cased. also a set of dies and other goodies. I really would like to hear from the new owner so please if you have the gun or know the person that does have them contact me to hash over the pluses of great shooter.
Jack

"La vida no vale nada sin El Honor"
Winggunner
SCV, MOS&B, SUVCW

Winggunner
SCV, MOS&B

Posts: 214 | Location: Pickens, SC GOD's UpCountry | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Ill try to find it i travel a lot hunting buffalos so if i find it ill say you. Martinez de Hoz is a great hunter ,one of his son was an officer in a unit i served and was very respected .Juan i use a 458 mauser custom given to my by GUILLERMO AMESTOY HOFFMANN and expert shooter and gunsmith after i took him to hunt buffalo Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Ill try to find it i travel a lot hunting buffalos so if i find it ill say you. Martinez de Hoz is a great hunter ,one of his son was an officer in a unit i served and was very respected .Juan i use a 458 mauser custom given to my by GUILLERMO AMESTOY HOFFMANN and expert shooter and gunsmith after i took him to hunt buffalo Juan

Juan,
I have fly fished with Jose and his son and his son's wife. We floated the Chemiwhin. (Misspelled I know) in 1988/89. Very sad about the boy. Killed in a plane crash I think.
There must not be a lot of .458 in Argentina.
This one was sold for me by COntinintal Gun Shop on Bird Road.

Winggunner
SCV, MOS&B

Posts: 214 | Location: Pickens, SC GOD's UpCountry | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
FRIEND ,THERE ARE A LOT OF 458 IN ARGENTINA DUE TO THE INCREASING INTERST IN HUNTING BUFFALOS AND CEBUES IN THE NORTH AND BAGUALES IN THE SOUTH ,THERE ARE SOME 458 LOTT TOO MOST IN THE HANDS OF PHS .JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
I don't know about your 458, but olive and brown wolly buggers work great in the Chimehuin river!! some rabbit also helps but that trouts speak several languages Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
animal animal animal

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
I don't know about your 458, but olive and brown wolly buggers work great in the Chimehuin river!! some rabbit also helps but that trouts speak several languages Big Grin

L

The only better float involved a Gringo family with three teenage daughters who decided they wanted an all over tan and preceeded to get naked. They were, of course, not in "Daddy's" raft. They hit a lot of rocks as the rower had trouble keeping his consintration. Ronny Olsen never forgot that float. Me either even thought I was not in the raft. I was above the raft when it floated by.
That is a great river to float. It was a two day trip and I will never forget it.

Winggunner
SCV, MOS&B