Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

France Roe Deer Hunt
 Login/Join

posted
Recently, I returned from a great hunt in France, with Seladang. I was spending three weeks over there touring and sightseeing, anyway. 
I found out about the hunt through Huntersnetworks.com After various communications with Arjun Reddy, from the afore mentioned website, I booked the hunt. Incidently, all of the communications I had with both booking agent and outfitter were very timely and flawless. All of my concerns were treated with urgency and helpfulness.
After a few days in Paris, I took a fast train about 4.5 hrs to the town of Agen in the south of France. There, I was met by Renaud Desgrees du Lou, my Outfitter, and his lovely wife, Natalie. He was accompanied by his assistant guide,  Erwan. A very likeable, young chap.
From there we proceeded to our hunting accommodations. Which was about a 45 minute drive from Agen. The place we "camped" was a beautifully restored, very old, estate house. If you haven't been "over the pond", everything is very old over there. People live in homes that were built before there was an America. In fact, during the heat of the day, Renaud toured me to a number of nearby places and showed me some beautiful old cathedrals and fortified villages with ancient homes. Including one, where the 20th generation of the same family was still residing. The " between the hunt" activities were most interesting.
 The Roe Deer hunting was very much like warm weather big game hunting, most anywhere. There was a limited amount of time in the early morning to find the animals before they retreated to cover and then right at dusk, when they emerged to forage. 
After unpacking we were off to scout and gather hunt intel from some of the locals. After that, we were hunting some of the local agriculture fields. In short order I had my first deer down.  By the second morning, I had collected another deer and had seen a lot of beautiful countryside.
 As far as the shooting, there seemed to be enough cover to stalk to reasonable distances. The bucks were in search of does, so were constantly moving when we spotted them. Setting up quickly on the shooting sticks was paramount to making a good shot.
The camaraderie of Renaud and Erwan, and the ease of hunting these small deer made for a wonderful time. Renaud's extensive experience in the field and his knowledge of the game is evident in his ability to provide a very well rounded experience for his client. I hope to hunt with him on one of his Asian adventures, someday. 

Posts: 1 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 01 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of huntingineurope
posted Hide Post
It sounds like a really nice trip to the French, you had no time to take some pictures? Wink

SCI Life Member
www.allanvester.dk

Posts: 111 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 02 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Photos posted on behalf of 375chatfield:

It was a pleasure to host you in France.
Sincerely,

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com

Posts: 2541 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great area to spend a few days, glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the report, Waidmannsheil, Dom.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote