ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    Water buffalo hunt on short notice in Uruguay

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Water buffalo hunt on short notice in Uruguay
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm heading off to Uruguay on April 10th for about a week hunt.. Primary varmint we are going after is water buffalo that wander at will from place to place ,,, this is on the Uruguay River near the Argentinian border .. Reports have about 400 buffalo .. with some tremendous bulls as the land owner sure doesn't want to mess with them .. and like I said earlier they are not confined to any particular 'ranch' .. The area has unusual (by North American standards) creatures like rhea, caiman, broquet deer for spice. When the buffalo are taken we can move to another area and shoot doves and more doves and more doves .. I know that this is short notice but the other hunter that was going just e mailed me and said that he wasn't going to go. Rifles and shotguns will be supplied along with everything else except shotgun shells .. The price is more than fair ... in fact it is a heck of a deal . I hunted Uruguay last July and loved it and the fine people ... If you want to hunt 'dangerous game' ... shoot a lot of birds .. meet some wonderful people ... and don't mind the company of a grizzled Canadian who will write a book of the hunt with both you and him chronicled .. hits/misses/steaks/laughs .. and can fly to Montevideo three weeks from this weekend .. e mail me .. I'll tell you more ... The hunt is under $2,500 U.S. And that includes one of those Bad Boy buffalo bulls ...

Posts: 168 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For guides we will have my amigos ... Lorenzo, Mario, The Gaucho .. Pancho will also be there cooking, I believe ... This will be a hunt that will be non stop laughs .(there is a history) ... perhaps with the odd moment of apprehension if the buffalo decides to stomp the Canadian with the big eyes !!! Ha! Ha! (I also put this hunt on the 'Bird Hunting' thread as many folks hunt in Argentina, Mexico, Bolivia etc. for doves, ducks, perdiz etc ... The buff is a hell of a bonus ...

Posts: 168 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Accuratereloadings!!! I have a new hunting partner for this upcoming fabulous trip !!! When I was a little kid there was a television show called, 'I Search For Adventure!' I don't remember much of it ... but what a title !!! In less than three weeks we'll be deep in South America .. seeing things that we've never seen before .. hunting something that Edison Marshall might have hunted so long ago .. He's long gone, of course ... but hopefully we will get to experience a hunt that he might have enjoyed ..He surely would have liked our guides ,,,, Lorenzo, Mario, The Gaucho ... and Pancho ....I can hardly wait !!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Richard,

Good luck on your upcoming adventure!!! Sure wish I could afford to go with you, maybe next time. Please fill us in on your hunt when you return!!!
Fordfreak

Posts: 274 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Richard: tell Lorenzo to come with you here and we�ll see to attend a well done asado. The Uruguayans don�t know a bit about that!.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
JA!! We don't know how to prepare a good asado!!
My argentinian friend, we ARE the inventors of the asado, the mate , the dulce de leche, the tango "La Cumparsita", the empanadas and our horses are faster

Ah, and Gardel was born in Tacuaremb�, Uruguay

But we are very good fellows so we can still visit you

LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nainital .... while you and Lorenzo make up your minds about various other topics .... I remember how beautiful the women of Argentina are ... I wish I wasn't so damn ugly ...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Richard:

Tape 100 dollar bills (even Canadian ones ) to your forehead and you will be amazed at how your looks and sex appeal increases.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ha! Ha! Problem with using our Canuckstani money .. I'd have to use so many that it would block their adoring looks from my eyesight ... Of course if I used Zimbabwe money .. the chicks would have to prod the pile of bills with a pitchfork even to find me ...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Richard Powell: come to Buenos Aires and make Lorenzo unable to run after our women like he usually does. Then sucess for you is assured almost at 100%, what with that Canadian charm!.
P.S. Gardel was not born at Tacuaremb� and the Uruguayans don�t know how to make a proper asado.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Richard: please also tell Lorenzo that there are some Venezuelan people who want to greet him...

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Please don't play with that
I was there and I'm still crying.
But your team doesn't was nothing to be proud of eh?
I still can't believe it
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You gentlemen are leaving me in your dust !!!??? I'm still trying to figure out if 'Blondie' last July would have taught me how to tango if Gardel was still alive and was singing to our group of hunters ????

one of us
posted Hide Post
Richard, can I ask what the damage is for airfare, accomodation, etc. for the trip? Sounds very appealing. Oh, any poisonous snakes thereabouts?

Posts: 108 | Location: corner of walk and don't walk | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yo, Yama !! The airfare out of Calgary/Dallas/Buenos Aires/Montevideo return is a few bucks less that $1,500 Canadian... About 1/2 of what it will cost me to make it to Windhoek in July .. Accomodations are included in the hunt ... Snakes ??? Never thought of that ... I suspect that I might be in more danger of a kamikazee dove bouncing off my head ...