New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting in Qatar ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A good friend of mine is working in Qatar and I was talking to him about hunting there. Does anyone know if there is any hunting there and if so what is available and where? Also any hunting in areas close by? He is a contract worker for the DOD and loves to hunt/fish.
Will there be trouble getting a weapon into/out of the country? Any experience/advice is helpful.

Good luck and good shooting,
Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am almost certain there is no hunting in Qatar.

But, as it is a semi-island, fishing should be great in the Gulf.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67027 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Eterry,

I have friend who lived in Qatar. Fishing is supposed to be good!

Closest country for hunting might be Iran. I'm not sure how hunting is in Kuwait, Saudi, Oman bewildered

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I have been away at work and not been able to check back online. I wrote him and told him there HAS to be some fishing there in the gulf, so he will look into it. Saeed, can residents of Qatar possess rifles? My friend told me the exchange rate is something like 3 to 1 and he might look for something to bring back home, but hasnt found any gun shops. Do gun shops exist there or is he wasting his time? Thanks for the assist.

Good luck and good shooting,
Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
American can't hunt in Iran.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to a guy at the range last weekend who does a fair amount of work in Qatar. Says about the only thing to hunt out there is a version of jackrabbit. Supposed to have some real size. Think he has local friends out there who have rifles.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Some of our guys have been shooting the foxes and jackals at night. the scores up to 14 in the last couple of months.