ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    Montana Bull Bison Hunt with Arnoud Outfitters

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Bull Bison Hunt with Arnoud Outfitters
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Mark in SC
posted
We just returned from a trophy bull bison hunt in Montana booked with Arnoud Outfitters through Keith Atcheson of Jack Atcheson and Sons Hunting Consultants in Butte, MT.

Holly and I had a great time and recommend the experience to anyone who wants a bison trophy and lots of great meat.

The hunt took place on Ted Turner's, Flying D Ranch outside of Bozeman, MT. I shot an 1800 pound bull with my Marlin 1895 .45/70 using the Garrett Hammerhead 530 grain hard cast, solid lead bullets at 1650 fps.

They offer trophy bulls for $1500 and cows and yearlings for lower prices. My cousin shot a yearling bull that weighed around 700 pounds for $600.

I'm having a skull mount done with the head, and the entire hide is being tanned to use a bedspread. The hide from a big bull can measure 40-50 square feet! The meat is being processed into steaks, roasts, sausage, salami, pepperoni, bisonburger and jerky. It should yield 600-700 pounds of meat.

Give Keith a call and go shoot your winter meat supply!

Posts: 692 | Location: South Carolina Lowcountry | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun. Too bad it's Ted Turners Ranch, that a-- hole will never see a dime of my money.

Posts: 1473 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark

Congrats on a freezer full O meat. Got any photos?

Jim B.

Posts: 1115 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 07 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
just out of curiosity, what does something like that cost to process??

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

From my vast ................
$350 to $700 depending on weight and that is not getting fancy [Eek!]

Posts: 373 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote