New
Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina Stag and Blackbuck April 06
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We have been back from our Argentina stag hunt for a few weeks now and I decided to try to fight the computer and show you guys some pictures. We went for a hunt with Los Molles through Cabelas. It was a great hunt. I highly recommend hunting stag during the roar. It was great. We saw hundreds of free range stags roaring, battling each other, and chasing females. The sound of stags roaring has to be experienced to be believed. It is a great way to hunt. You listen for the roar and then make a stalk to the sound. If the stag is small, you are immediately off chasing another roar. It is constant action and a kick in the butt. I will definately hunt stags again. Clearly the trophies are not as big as in New Zealand, but the hunt is amazing, the people and food are great, and I would highly recommend the trip.

I took my stag at about 90 yards with a Browning 300 WSM 180 grain NP as he roared at another male who had moved to close. He had 4 points in each crown but only 5 on the bottom. He was probably one of the youngest stags taken on the trip but one of the few with 4 in each crown. Because he was young, he also was a much redder color than the older stags. He will make a great shoulder mount.

My dad took his on the last afternoon of hunting and his had 3 in each crown but great tine length. He used a Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag. He also took a blackbuck and I took a hog.

OK here goes, I am going to try to post the pictures.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK so I have some issues with the orientation of the pictures. Well I tried.

Smiler

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Congratulations im very happy that you liked my country .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Nice stag ... Congratulations !

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I was at Los Molles last year, it an amazing expierence. Shot 2 trophy stags, with a bow, and a buffalo with a rifle. What did you think of Juan Carlos.

Toby Joe

Posts: 3 | Location: TEXAS, NEW MEXICO | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Waidmannsheil huntinbuddy.This tags are great of corse the are not so big like a feeded highfence stag from Kiwiland. But the experience to hunt in the rut free range that count.

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas