Mexican long range shooting competition
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
They should be using some of their damn drug lords for targets rather than those goats!

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks like fun!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kinda like a high dollar pigeon shoot I guess?

I hope they dress them out and use them for food at least when they're done!

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
Kinda like a high dollar pigeon shoot I guess?

I hope they dress them out and use them for food at least when they're done!

Absolutely! You dig a pit and line it with rocks then start a fire. When the fire burns down, scoop out the ashes and insert a steel wash tub (to catch the juice). Over that you put a goat wrapped in agave leaves. Cover with burlap and bury for about 6-8 hours. My mouth is watering so much I think I have ruined another keyboard. hilbily

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been to those shoots before, they can be fun, and it usually turns into a party afterwards....

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sí señor, cabrito asado con una michelada, qué delicia!

one of us
posted Hide Post
You'll excuse me, but shooting at live animals for practice - or competition - is the height of poor ethics. Yes, I know, when in Rome... But this one takes the price... Despicable! Why don't they get a running target installed, if that is what they want to shoot at?

Besides, this may be "macho country", but these guys should wear their hearing protection or suffer the consequences. Just plain dumb.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Ditto

I too deplore this kind of shooting

i would not even call it hunting at all more like torture for the poor thing

The moderator of this section should do something about it

AR should not be associated with this Mexican crowd at all

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
To each his own. Did you know that the reason there are chicken, pig, turkey and ram targets in silhouette is that it originated in Mexico and they originally used live animals? Do you hunt? What is the difference in shooting a goat and a boar or deer? You still eat it afterward. Would this be more acceptable to you if they shot a steel moving target, then slit the goat's throat and cooked it? Not my cup of tea either but don't condemn others based on your own prejudices. beer

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
The moderator of this section should do something about it

AR should not be associated with this Mexican crowd at all

Why? I would never have known that this kind of event took place otherwise. At the end of the day is it any different to a monteria, driven boar or driven pheasant shoot (especially a high bird shoot)?

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Indeed. I might rather not participate in this kind of event because our driven hunts are IMMHO fairer and more exciting.

However, I would not say that a Hungarian medal class trophy stag hunt is from an ethical point of view any different.

This is a tradition in México which I respect and have gladly learned about.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don`t look like the Goats had too hilbily much to worry about.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont see much of a problem with it. It is certainly something the PETA would cry about, but then they cry about everything. This is something that is a tradition in Mexico, then so be it.

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had roasted cabrito in Argentina

YUM!

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Do they have enough toilet paper for all those assholes? As if Mexico's reputation was not bad enough along comes this group of misfits..... thumbdown

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
Do they have enough toilet paper for all those assholes? As if Mexico's reputation was not bad enough along comes this group of misfits..... thumbdown

Gotta love it, Bill! Big Grin

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
um...it's a goat. I personally think house cats would be better.

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
...not for the barbacoa and the cool beer afterwards. Unless you are chinese, of course.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just so you know, this is not legal anymore.

Posts: 142 | Location: Hidalgo, Texas /Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: 12 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You'll excuse me, but shooting at live animals for practice - or competition - is the height of poor ethics.

But it's perfectly okay if you just want to kill them for pleasure while hunting? There is a very fine line there.

How do you think your steaks come about, cattle heart attacks?

Dead is dead, do you think the animal gives a damn about your motives?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:
You'll excuse me, but shooting at live animals for practice - or competition - is the height of poor ethics.

But it's perfectly okay if you just want to kill them for pleasure while hunting? There is a very fine line there.

How do you think your steaks come about, cattle heart attacks?

Dead is dead, do you think the animal gives a damn about your motives?

+1

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a pity, no more roasted cabrito with chilled beer. Ay, cabrón...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MEXHUNT:
Just so you know, this is not legal anymore.

Really? I am not sure you are correct, and if they are indeed illegal as you say, noone is respecting this "ban"

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well it is ilegal now. Have you seen oany of this lately? I have not in the las 2 years nad I keep looking, as you may know here in the north we love our "borrego a la griega".

Posts: 142 | Location: Hidalgo, Texas /Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: 12 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Video was taken down.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.mexicoarmado.com/si...-gamitos-de-qro.html

There is a shoot next week in queretaro...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected. You are rigth.
It is just in hére that is not legal anymore.