Find
Notify
Tools

just another afternoon in my farm
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
An hour shooting ,the guy on the left is a hunting guide from California.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a big harvest Juan. Congratulations

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Mario this is only an hour hunting ,we kill more than 60 ducks each afternoon.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan,
you are very lucky to lives in a place like that

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Mario every afternoon after my surgery work i hunt doves or ducks ,and in winter i hunt partriges ,yes i live in a bird hunting paradise ,everybody hunts here.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of GreybeardBushman
posted Hide Post
Three of those ducks look similiar to our Pacific Black Duck.

You certainly live in a hunting paradise, Juan.

Posts: 728 | Location: The Wimmera, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a little better version of the pic if you want to copy it.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Good picture. I think the best shot in the group is the handsome young man in the bottom right.
Iki, usted puede disparar mejor que la mayoría de los hombres crecidos. Mis mejores deseos a usted, mi joven amigo. thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Every saturday we test rifles at my farm here is my son shooting a tikka tactical 308 at 500 mts at a steel human silhouete .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/juanpozzi/2004113.jpgsgt SACHEN visited lod dogos farm ,and train in airsoft with local swat cops .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
big feral hog taken at my farm.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
USMC,tactical officers and my son at my farm just playing ,dont worry we are with air soft guns...

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of Faina
posted Hide Post
Juan, it looks you have a lot of fun in your farm. Very nice!!!
But to training your son to shot at a steel human silhouete?!?!?
Faina

I prefer to die standing that to live in knee

Posts: 181 | Location: Italy ... in the mountains | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
All my family is trained in personal defense armed and unarmed ,my wife daily carries a taurus 375,and my tow daugthers shots airsoft pistols and rifles ,they are 7 and 5 years old .My father instructed me at 4 years ,to shoots a rifle,and at 12 i have my first 1911,my brother daily carries a cz75 9mm
For us defense training is part of our life,i hold 2 black belts and my son practices yudo and competes in yudo .
Perhaps this is not politically correct but its the true ,besides that we dont live in a paradise and we need to be prepared .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faina:
"But to training your son to shot at a steel human silhouete?!?!?
Faina

I have hunted and shot with Juan's son and I can assure you that he is not one to take shooting lightly. He is one of the best shots I have ever been with, man or boy, proficient with everything from shotguns and rifles to handguns, and takes it very seriously. There is no better training for a young man who may some day find himself defending his country than to practice in this manner. And what difference is there in shooting at a metal silhouete or a paper target, no matter its shape? Iki is not being trained to shoot at a human silhouette, he is being trained to acquire proficiency in, and respect for, the use of all types of firearms. All of us would be better served if our youngsters had the type of firearms training this young man has received. thumb

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Faina
posted Hide Post
Juan, I hope that one will be clear: I have maximum respect for you and your family.
My whas only a comment why I don't see every day a young guy that shot at human silhouete.
I can understand and belive that this is necessary if you live in danger zone.
Salutos
Faina

Posts: 181 | Location: Italy ... in the mountains | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
.....I can understand and belive that this is necessary if you live in danger zone.
Salutos Faina

Faina. I am not trying to answer for Juan.
You seem like a well intended guy, but one who lives a very innocent life. THE WORLD IS A DANGER ZONE. Every time you see a Muslim in your country you must ask yourself is he one of the fanatics or just an ordinary chap. Or, has Italy not been affected by the violence these "peace loving" people engage in?

And, regardless of that, the type of target used is not material to the discussion. Here in my country we engage in sport shooting. One of those shooting sports is practical pistol - all of the targets used are human silhouetes.

I fail to see the point you are trying to make, but accept you are well intentioned. Wink

Theodore Roosevelt

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Faina ,i supouse you live in the Piamonte like some of my grandfathers all hunters and soldiers,-im german ,piamontes-descendant ,and i understand your comment ,but i have to explain how we live ,here hunting shooting and personal defense is very common ,of course its not common the level of training that my son has ,because at 11 hes even training with SWAT cops but im a shooting instructor,and now president of the local shooting club,we live hunting and shooting ,just now we returned from killing foxes -photos later-.Faina you are welcomed here my town is 90 percent piamontes.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of Faina
posted Hide Post
Juan, nice to see that in your town are a lot of Piemontesi, many years ago life here was very hard, so people was goning in the new world. Thanks God now is much better!!!
Thanks for your invitation, you are also welcome if you come here in Piemonte.
I would like to give a short answer to BillInTheWild: The world is danger, yes, but not every place. Here in my village I sleep quietly also if I forget to close the door with the key. I don't sleep with a gun under the cushion.. I'm lucky??? Probably yes!!!
Maybe one day this will change... maybe.
Faina

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Faina. I am jealous of your calm way of life and if I am ever back in Italy would love to visit. When I was last in your beautiful country I stayed in Baveno for a few days, on my way to Zermatt and then back through heading for the south. What little I saw made me want to return. beer

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
Picture of Faina
posted Hide Post
BillInTheWild, my home is not more then 10 miles from Baveno.
When you return in Baveno shot a pair shots in the air..., I'll come with my Defender and we'll go drinking some bottle good wine.
Faina
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj203/Faina338/Bognanco31-12-07015bis.jpg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang, that's a lot of beautiful ducks!!! Can I come hunt wiht you Big Grin

Posts: 206 | Location: nicholasville, KY | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faina:
BillInTheWild, my home is not more then 10 miles from Baveno.
When you return in Baveno shot a pair shots in the air..., I'll come with my Defender and we'll go drinking some bottle good wine.
Faina

My daughters and I truly loved Baveno. We stayed at the Grand Hotel Dino, and enjoyed one memorable dinner at a restaurant called Aosta.
Your Defender is most impressive. Is there much hunting in your area?

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
Picture of Faina
posted Hide Post
Yes, here are chamois, roedeer, european red deer and many wildboar. We have now a new hunting calendar: we can hunt chamios and deers in september and wildboar from october to end december.
Some years ago I have a lot fun with my best friend, we have a little tradition to end hunting season with a good chamios...... in national park!!! Nice days.....
But this is an other story, we was younger.....
Faina

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Faina here is my son again ,this time with a bow ,i afraid of breeding a new RAMBO ,je je je dancing

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is important to teach our children that 1. the world is not exclusively composed by nice and well meaning people and 2. how to deal with them.

Sooner or later most of them will experience situations where they will need both the proper mindset as well as the more technical knowledge in order to remain alive and well.

We teach them how to cross streets safely, they need to learn as well how to handle jerks.

We are fortunate that Europe for the last decades has been a peaceful and civilized place to live. However, looking back into history this has rather been the exception than the rule, we need to prepare our children accordingly.

Juan, congratulations to your family.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:

Juan,

Is smiling not allowed in Argentina?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear friend that afternoon all of us were very tired after walk a lot in the water thats our tired faces ,even the guy from California was very tired ,but we were happy .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
at least here im smiling

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
This is a photo of my farm a week ago ,thousands of doves and periquits flying ,the last clients a olimpic trap team shot a media of 2000shells A DAY with incredible percentage of hitting.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi: Juan do you have a limit on ducks in Argentina?Do you have to use non lead shot? We have so many rules up here it takes out all the fun Regards Dan

Posts: 201 | Location: Mackenzie BC | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Hi,we hunt ducks mostly from april to august but in certain areas rice fields you can have permits to hunt all the year without limits.In most of the rural towns of argentina red necks hunt year round without limits but of course it isnt legal .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Juan, love the pictures. I do quite a lot of duck hunting about 15 minutes from my home. I often get my limit, but I'd like to make some hunts like yours again.

Didn't know you had rednecks in Argentina. How did they get there from Arkansas? Big Grin

I tried to train my son in the use of arms, he just never was interested in them or hunting. He likes to play video games, so you are lucky and I congratulate you in the manner in which your son is being raised.

regards,
Larry

P.S. After winning the lottery, I'd like to buy the farm next door.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
BILLINTHEWILD IN HIS 4TH SAFARI ,HERE HUNTING PARTRIGES AT MY FARM.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
HERE IS BILL

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
And on the left is Iki, one of the best wing
shooters I have ever seen.....and nt yet 12!!!!
wave

Theodore Roosevelt

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
BILL WITH ONE OF THE MANY FOXES KILLED THIS SEASON.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
my farm again this season

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA