ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    Back from the Water Buffalo hunt in Uruguay !!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back from the Water Buffalo hunt in Uruguay !!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Yeap

If this continues I'll be more afraid from my girlfriend than from the buffaloes

LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck, I'll send you a VHS tape this weekend that shows some of the trip including the wilder moments ...

Posts: 168 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn that buff looks like juicy steak material when hanging in the last picture....tell me you ate a piece!

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tenderloins from an ancient buffalo .. so old that part of its horn's exterior was missing .. just like an old big horn .. eating all that rice .. amigo ... it was TENDER and delicious !!! Don't know about the tougher cuts .. all the meat went to both the policia and what was referred to as 'poor people' ... not counting .. of course .. the meat saved for the gringos and their hunting buddies !!!

Posts: 168 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Cool. I can't wait to see it!

Check out www.470mbogo.com if you want to see some videos I have worked on that Dave (aka 470Mbogo) has posted on his site.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck, that was most interesting .. that site with the big guns !!! I have condensed the video down to a couple of hours of the entire trip. The buffalo charge is about '40' on the machine that keeps count .. I am having a guy in town make me a couple of copies to send to my hunting partner and for myself .. I'll send you a copy in the next day or so .. according to his timetable ..

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Your story only pours salt in the wound you created when I realized that the only available spot on this hunt was taken by Ed.

I love shooting all of God's various oxen. I would have loved this hunt.

Congrats on saving your own life. Nothing can compare to that moment. Great story.

Posts: 6253 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi, Wendell ! I'm sure that anyone who loves to hunt cape buffalo would really love to hunt these water buffalo ... What can be better than hunting an old bull with a really bad attitude !!!??? If you would like I can send you a copy of the tape ... I'm not sure how Ed feels ... but I suspect that I just might want to do this hunt again next year ... The word, 'amigazo' has a lot to do with it, also ...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Richard,

I will go back for buffalo again but the problem is that waiting for a year may be too long. We have to sell water buffalo cows as the REAL trophy on AR so that the big bulls will be there for us.

Ed

Posts: 151 | Location: Hartford, CT USA | Registered: 05 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Might not be that difficult, Ed, if anyone saw that enormous cow in the herd where you took your bull from !!! And they do have fancy horns .. and everyone knows women are way more dangerous than men ... (as I suspect that the landowner George might some day find out with his cabaret chick(s) ...)