ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    Where to take wife for high class exotic hunt?

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to take wife for high class exotic hunt?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of urdubob
posted
My wife has spent untolled hours using her bow. She has not killed anything yet. She has Joined the NWTF "Women in the outdoors". I would like to take her on a nice hunt. She is at the point she would like to try out the skills she has learned. The few places I went to hunt exotics.... were quite frankly..... shit holes. Dirty dumps with sickly half tame animals. Please if you know of a place that is nice...and you would feel comfortable bring your wife to please post it.

Thanks ,

urdubob

[ 11-27-2002, 03:02: Message edited by: urdubob ]

Posts: 945 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Bighorn Hunting 1>
posted
Email me at bighornhunting1@aol.com. Iknow of several places that would be good for you and your better half.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Look up Greg R. He posts here and I hunted wih him on the Galloway Ranch near Pearsall TX. Good outfit nice ranch good animals and they sure ain't sickly and half tame. HIS company is the Mombasa Trading Company I believe his website is www.mbogo.net.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was pointed in the direction in this Bow only ranch in Texas by someone who hunted there last year and booked again for this year.

Sweetwater Creek Ranch

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Bily Lovec>
posted
if you want a first class hunt and first class lodging, the YO ranch in kerrville will be difficult to beat...

although, the galloway ranch has an enormous amount of trophy, quality animals...

one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
Try Greystone Castle Sporting Club. Great people and food, excellent facilities. They have about 4000 acres, all high fenced an hour or two west of Dallas. They have a web site but I can't find the url right now. It's about $350 night to stay, includes all your food, plus the fee for whatever animals you take.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
<338Lapua>
posted
I second R Walller on the YO Ranch, I have hunted there several times. Nice rooms and lodge, the cook makes great food. Really a first class place, in my opinion. Just stay away from the Rio Bonito Ranch.

Jim

<Bighorn Hunting 1>
posted
You need to check the YO out. Since the death of two family member I heard that the place has changed. As I said this is just hear say. Be sure to check out all places that you have never hunted first, before booking. Nothing will give you the red a-- as bad as spending your money for a trashy hunt.

<Bily Lovec>
posted
my lease shares a fence with the YO, I make it over there for lunch almost monthly, takes an hour to get from the back gate to the chuckwagon due to all the animal sightings, and thats thru the houseing area not the game areas [Razz]

you can actually lounge in the pool and watch the garaffe play in the pasture [Eek!]

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
There is a very nice family-owned ranch about an hour west of San Antonio in Sabinal, called Blanco Creek. 10,000 acres and a wide selection of exotics, plus indigenous species.

It used to be part of the 777 operation and was bought by the current owners a few years ago.

Beautiful lodge facilities, excellent equipment, a first-class operation.

They book only by word-of-mouth. For information, contact owner Susan Moulton at 210-828-6509.

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
http://www.harriswood.com/
personally I couldn't afford this place.......or the YO.....777....or any other. I went on a "shithole hunt".....had fun got a nice ram with my pistol. $375. + a one night motel stay.

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
You should contact Cheryl Napper "Huntress" at Shiloh Ranch. She specializes in bowhunts for women. She's one of the regular posters on the TexasBoars.com site.

Shiloh Ranch Hunting Camp

one of us
Picture of urdubob
posted Hide Post
Thanks men,

I WILL BE CALLING THESE PLACES ...WE WILL GO IN MARCH

URDUBOB

Posts: 945 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Urdobob,
I have the perfect place for you to take your wife..It is a garden of Eden, 5 star lodge, Lots of big bull elk and bison...I guarentee she and you both will not be disapointed. We have had a lot of successful bow hunts and the owner is an avid bow hunter...

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<woody>
posted
TN:

Taking your wife hunting? The only explantation is that she has the money in the family!

Take her to Michigan Avenue, Chigago.

<rws2>
posted
If you want something a little more challenging with Super Trophy potential you may want to look into a Free Ranging Aoudad Hunt in West Texas.I'm booked for Jan 27th-30th for one of these hunts.I'll give a report on my return in a few weeks.I booked this hunt with Desert Mountain Guide Service thru Cabela's Outdoors.Heres the website www.desertmountainhunts.com
OOPS,sorry didn't read bow part!!!

[ 01-07-2003, 18:18: Message edited by: rws2 ]