Picture of Blacktailer
posted
The guns: M70 270 Win with 130gr TTSX
Kimber Super America 308 Win with 150gr TTSX

Booking Agent Mark Young
Travel arranged by Travel With Guns
Hunt dates March 14-21. 2014
Animals hunted Red Stag and Blackbuck both free range

TGB is heavily wooded with calden trees. Shots can typically be 50 to 70 yards although there are some more open areas here and there. The method to hunt stag is to locate them when they roar and then stalk them.

The hunting is very similar to hunting in Africa except rather than tracking you locate the quarry by sound. It is true hunting and a lot of fun. I enjoyed sneaking through the woods and also sitting quietly trying to locate the stags. Unfortunately due to unusually hot weather or the moon phase or whatever there was very little roaring going on except for the stags in the high fence area making free range hunting for stag difficult if not impossible. My guide and I would typically be dropped off at 6am and listen for roaring. If we located a stag, the stalk would begin. Since the free range stags are attracted to all of the activity inside the fence we were often hearing the stags roar inside and we would still hunt hoping to locate a stag before we came up on the fence. We typically walked between 6 and 10 miles a day.

My guide Saul (pronounced Sah-ool) would occasionally roar with a tube that looked like an 18 inch length of 1 1/2 PVC pipe and the stags would sometimes answer to help us locate them. When we would reach the fence we would see lots of game inside such as blackbuck, mouflon, axis, fallow and stags.

On the fourth day after stalking many miles, Mrs Blacktailer was able to connect with a free range blackbuck.

When Saul and I had stalked up to the fence and seen many nice blackbuck I told him if we saw a good one that I would not mind taking a blackbuck also. We saw this one on the 5th day and since I had not fired a shot decided to take him. He green scored very high in the SCI record book.

We hunted hard and covered more ground than I ever have before on an animal but the stags would not cooperate. All in all it was a great hunt which I thoroughly enjoyed with a great outfit.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Congratulations well done ,not wingshooting.....thats a must do in my country

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MAN! That Blacbuck is a monster!

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russell,

Sorry about the stags but my Heavens what a monster blackbuck.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12879 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its always hard to not get a shot at what you're hunting for. Gosh darn you got one heck of a consolation prize! Blackbuck is on my short list. Yours is a true monster! Congrats. Bruce

Posts: 375 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ,

Alejandro thinks your black buck will be the new #2 SCI if not #1. Big congrats.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12879 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That blackbuck is huge! Congrats!

Best of Hunting,
Mark Hampton

Posts: 126 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliments. I (almost) feel bad since the blackbuck was incidental but have learned that when Diana smiles on you it's best to take advantage of the situation.
We will see what Jerry Huffaker can do with a double pedestal mount of those two.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Those are great blackbucks. I hunted there in 2012 and had a great time with AT. He runs a good outfit for sure...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
Russ,

Congratulations to you and Mrs Blacktailer for your wonderful blackbucks.

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim.
We are still waiting to get the hides and horns shipped. Should be soon.

Have gun- Will travel

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the both of you...those BB's are HONKERS Eeker

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Nice trophies Russ

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote