New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild boar in Italy
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm just returned from a week end of hunt in Tuscany, in the middle of italy. I and my borther in law we took three wild boars two female (87 and 84 kg) and one joung male (51 kg) Is a very interesting hunt with a small group of dogs (Dacksbracke from Austria)in a 600 hectares hunting preserve.

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mario,

Congratulations on the hunt. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

I am curious. Is it possible for a non-Italian to hunt boar in Italy? What is in involved? You mentioned that you hunted on a preserve. Is this a private club?

Thanks,

Pete

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is what I do on my place here in Tuscany.

Where abouts in Toscana where you Mario?

Pete, if you're interested in pig hunting in Tuscany, drop me a line.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think is possible for a non resident hunting the wild boar in our country. The area where I were is not a club, is a private game farm of about 1200 hectares. They put the game fences in a share of this area and put inside Wild Boar, Red deer, Fallow deer, mouflon sheep and maybe reo deer. In the other unfenced share you can hunt pheasant, grey partridge and hare.
This is the web site: http://www.atvmondonuovo.com/

The Tuscany is a very nice region: hills, fields, very nice towns, very good accomodations and meals. Perfect place for bring the spouse. In this area ther'are few good game farms for hunting, sometimes not very big.
Aussie, are you, (with me) one of the few italians in the forum? Do you have a hunting farm in the area? What is ?

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am indeed Mario,
I am in Tuscany on 1,100 Hectares with pigs, roe, fallow and mouflon.

Un saluto!

P.S. sono in provincia di Siena.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aussie,

se sapevo che eri un outfitter Ti avrei chiesto informazioni prima di prenotare al Mondo Nuovo.
PotresTi comunque mandarmi il tuo listino prezzi e magari una brochure.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Is big game hunting mainly in fenced preserves? I know that Italy has a lot of hunters, but the green-brigade is pretty organised too
BTW whenever I'm in Italy you see "No Hunting" signs on every tiny field, does that mean you can hunt everywhere else?
From my understanding, most of the hunting there is wingshooting, with more big game making a comeback.
BTW is owning a gun/hunting in Italy a legal nightmare or not?

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boghossian,

In italy we have a few private fenced preserves for hunting big game. The best areas for big game are the Alps mountains in the north (where I live): roe deer, chamois, red deer. Also in the middle of the country is plenty of roe deer, wild boar, fallow and few red deer and mouflon. In italy the hunters can go also in the private lands without permit. So at 95% the hunts are public hunts. You pay the license and some others taxes (about 400 euro), you choice the area ( name is Ambito in the plains and Comprensorio in the Alps) and if ther'are places available, you can go to hunt.
At the moment with the Govermement of Mr. Belusconi, the green boys are very quiet.
what is BTW ?

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

BTW whenever I'm in Italy you see "No Hunting" signs on every tiny field, does that mean you can hunt everywhere else?

I think you will find lost of those signs are put in place by the local hunter(s) or club which owns the hunting rights to that property.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In italy the hunters can go in the public and private lands, but not in the oasis, the national and regional parks etc. Also the regions and the provinces etablish many others areas of not hunt. This areas are for the "ripopolamento" of the wild game. The law say the 15% of the national surface must be hunting interdict. In the other areas the hunt is free, but you need the permit of the local autority.
In the south of italy ther'arent big game, except wild boar. In exam is not very difficult. But I think if you are a foreingner with the hunting license in your country you dont need the italian exam.