Notify
Tools

Pig & axis hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Hi everyone,
I went for pigs this weekend without any spectacular results, only a little one caught with the dogs and his brother that I saw running away at aprox 200 yards that I decided not to shoot, not because his size, just because I'm sure I would 've missed him.
We also looked for axis without sucess, it's starting summer here and at 10 a.m you 've to give up hunting till 6 pm... too much sun in the open and trillions of hungry mosquitoes in the shadow [Big Grin]

I'm courious what methods you people in Texas use for axis hunting?

Please explain me step by step how to post pictures in my posts so I can share them with other members, I know this 've been explained before but I'm a little slow with technology...

PWN,
Send me a PM with your e-mail address.
Thanks

LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,

Here is how to post pictures:

Posting Pictures

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry
I'll try.
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Doc in Texas>
posted
We hunt them from Blinds,or stalk them or just drive around and see if we can catch them out and a openning.

Thats how we do it.

Doc in Texas

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Doc,
Here earlier in the morning or late in the afternoon are the best moments to stalk them but as they are mostly nocturnal during the rest of the day the best is to do some scouting for their senderos in the bush and you go leaving hunters in the more used ones.
Then you released dogs to move them from their beds, they run fast and as the hunts are in thick bush many hunters prefer to use open sights or shotguns.
LG

<Doc in Texas>
posted
Most of the Axis we have are out all day and move around the ranc. I have seen them lay down in the afternoon and rest but mostly are moving.

Doc