New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting vacation in Argentina!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
February 15th according to the Internet it was 112 degrees warmer in Santa Fe, Argentina than it was at my home in NW Pa. Luckily my wife and I and another couple were scheduled to leave for Santa Fe in 2 days! After a series of flights on Larry,Moe & Curly' airlines, we were met by Dr. Juan Pozzi at the Santa Fe airport, late in the evening on Wednesday.
Since this whole hunt was put together by private postings on AR we were very pleased to discover that Dr. Pozzi, who we had never met, turned out to be a fine host and gentleman and all around great guy to spend time in the field with. After a much needed rest at a nice local hotel on the river, the next day was spent catching piranha, yellow catfish and sting ray which we then proceeded to consume at a shore lunch! Delicious! (the Dorado did not cooperate I guess we just have to go back again).
The following day we proceeded to San Francisco, Argentina where the afternoon was spent shooting pigeons. The next 4 days were spent hunting ducks, doves, pigeons, parakeets, and snipe. In between the hunting we ate too much, consumed too much Malbec and Isenbeck, and took afternoon siestas.
The perfect break from cabin fever..we thoroughly enjoyed our time spent in Juan's lodge, with Juan and his wonderful family.
We are already making plans to return to Argentina, to catch one of those Dorado's they are always talking about, whatever they are? And to hunt Water Buffalo!
A Great Trip!!

Posts: 68 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems that everyone has a good time with JuanSmiler
I plan to go there some day myself! Casting and blasting!

Posts: 1089 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the kind words my friend ,ill post photos as son as posibly .Clouds of ducks and more rain here .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was a plasure to guide you ,and now its a plasure to eat YOUR ducks ,near 100 ducks in a morning ,we are procesing them with Franco .Regards from all the guides Franco ,Marcos and myself .

Posts: 108 | Location: Cordoba | Registered: 15 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe this is the numer 100 member of AR that hunted with Juan ,and our team ,and that appreciatted our work .Thanks very much Leo Pfadt ,its a great compliment coming from an expert international hunter .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope Juan invites me to eat that deliciouos snipes with a good malbec .Great photos .Congratulations to the guides Julio and Franco and of course to Juans family .I coundlt guide this group ....but next safari ill be there .
CONGRATS TO LEO AND JACKIE TOO beer

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we just returned with more AR members that trusted us and hunted over 122 ducks each great morning in a beautifull sunny day .

Posts: 108 | Location: Cordoba | Registered: 15 July 2013Reply With Quote