Find
Notify
Tools

Cancelled hunts in Russia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Having followed the African hunting thread regarding
Fairgame ,CME, and ibi got me wondering about all the hunts in Russia and money that was sent to Outfitters there. What has been the recourse for those caught up in that mess ?

Hang on TITE !!

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
I had a great conversation with Sasha, one of the new owners of Safari Outfitters LLC while at the SCI convention a couple weeks ago..

Bottom line was that Americans are still hunting in Russia. VISAs are easy to obtain and we can bring our rifles. Airline options are more limited but Turkish flies everywhere...

The current challenge is payments since we cannot transmit US dollars to Russia nor can they have western bank accounts due to the sanctions.. They are working on solutions I guess (that are not illegal)..

I am still hoping to be able to hunt in Russia in the next few years :-)

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know that some donated hunts had refunds made to the purchaser.

Posts: 11954 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
There were Russian outfitters at Jagd and Hund.

I did not talk to them. Prices were awesome. I think I got a catalog. I have no idea how it works.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can hunt in Russia. Europeans and Americans can get visas without issues.

Certainly not high demand right now but prices are good and I have hunters going next season.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:

Certainly not high demand right now but prices are good and I have hunters going next season.

Prices are VERY good right now.. I'm thinking about going next year. I mean - what the hell... it's an adventure!!!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Powell:
quote:

Prices are VERY good right now.. I'm thinking about going next year. I mean - what the hell... it's an adventure!!!

What are you interested in Scott?

I think there is no right and wrong regarding hunting in Russia. It's an individual choice but it's certainly very attractive now for some species.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Powell:
quote:

What are you interested in Scott?

I think there is no right and wrong regarding hunting in Russia. It's an individual choice but it's certainly very attractive now for some species.

Snow Sheep, Siberian Ibex, Brown Bear would be 3 great species...

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://profihunt.com/en/sayan-ibex-hunting-2023.html

My friend went twice in 2023, she had no issues.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I have lost track of how many American citizens have been arrested on false charges in Russia and detained indefinitely or for lengthy prison sentences.

Apparently, so has the Biden administration.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
The US added 500 new people and businesses to their sanctions list 2-3 days ago. It would be very wise to maker sure your outfitter isn’t blacklisted…. coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Off the plane, here's your AK and the Ukrainians are that a way. Big Grin

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
I have lost track of how many American citizens have been arrested on false charges in Russia and detained indefinitely or for lengthy prison sentences.

Apparently, so has the Biden administration.

No country in their right mind would trade a basketball player for an arms dealer. Confused

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
Too bad we don’t have any Russian outfitters on here to explain the situation over there

Posts: 124 | Location: Idaho & Montana & Washington | Registered: 24 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted Hide Post
Travel into Russia with guns? There is a good chance that you are going to spend more time than you wanted, but it will be behind bars in a Siberian prison. Doubtful that our State Department will be able to help you.

What booking agents are telling you it is safe to travel there with firearms?

Posts: 513 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
There were Russian outfitters at Jagd and Hund.

I did not talk to them. Prices were awesome. I think I got a catalog. I have no idea how it works.

Plenty of Russians at SCI in Nashville

Posts: 124 | Location: Idaho & Montana & Washington | Registered: 24 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Latest U.S. State Dept. advisory is get out while the gettin’ is still possible.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Latest U.S. State Dept. advisory is get out while the gettin’ is still possible.

I’ll on pass going
We are entering new Cold War