New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chilcotin Cougar
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just finished a tough hunt with a great guy from Australia. The temperatures where cold dipping to -15 F a little cold for both of us. On day six we finally cut a nice tom track which was fresh enough to run. Up to that point all the tom tracks we found were several days old. The hounds did their job with old thomas, who jumping the tree once and went another 200 yards before staying put.
Here is a picture of Noel with his well earned trophy, shot with his Mathews bow.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey man, I am finally home again. Great cat, looks like we should be doing that too! Call or email me, I am working on the new 2010 stuff right now!

Aaron Neilson

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
beauty!!!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Awesome tom. Congrats to you and the hunter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really nice kitty and first class dogs.

Posts: 339 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Outstanding Lion
Congratulations

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chilcotin - I just left you a message, but I likely won't be back until late tonite, so try me again tomorrow.

Aaron

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
What a great lion!!!

Congrats to both of you!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, this is one nice catch !

Posts: 51 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 25 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't let old Dewflap see this. He'll blow a mind bubble if he finds out that anyone other than a native born Canuck dared set foot in BC and actually shot something.

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, good one and as I have so often posted, I like to see our fellow Commonwealth members hunting, fishing, skiing here and generally exchanging visits with us.

Happy looking hunter, gorgeous hounds, but, I don't know about that young fella with no toque on.....didn't you remember that we Canucks always wear toques????? Did your noggin get a mite frosty? Smiler Smiler Smiler

I like that country, reminds me a lot of "The Arrow Lakes" before the "Columbia River Treaty" dams, when I was a kid and the Kootenays literally crawled with game and fish. Hope to wander up there this coming summer and see about some fishing.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oakman
posted Hide Post
Nice cat. the hounds did a great job. I drew a tag in my area in Montana this season and found lots of cats but no monster tom tracks yet.Need more snow and luck..... patriot

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

Posts: 241 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 01 September 2008Reply With Quote