New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Just returned from Patagonia
 Login/Join

<firemen>
posted
Came home yesterday.WHAT A HUNT!!!I shot 2 stags and had a great time.Cant wait to go again.The roar is some thing you have to hear to belive. John Airala delivers every thing he says in his hunts.My photos did not come out so good but john took some and will send me some so I can post.PS thanks to john and all his men for showing me a great time. < !--color-->

one of us
posted Hide Post
Megalomaniac: Customs should be an easy task here. For more info open the web page of the Registro Nacional de Armas (R.E.N.A.R.). By the way, who is your outfitter and where will you hunt?. I ask out of curiosity because in all probability I�ll be at La Pampa Province the next 4/3.
Wellcome.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just returned from the La Pampa area of Patagonia and it was a very good hunt. I took a huge Boar on the first evening of the hunt and although it was a record heat wave for the time of year and the Stags were feeding at night by moom light I had ample oportunity to shoot 4 or 5 Stag. I chose to hold out foer a trophy animal and although I didn't take a Stag I enjoyed the hunt. It cooled off the day we were to leave and I'm anxious to hear how the hunters do this coming week. www.sportingdestinations.com

Hawkeye47

<firemen>
posted
Hawkeye47 I am leaving in a couple of hours.Just got out of a real sh~~~y fire 1 dead and 1 firemen got hurt pretty bad so as I am counting my blessings,I cant wait to get on that plane and go hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup, I'm pumped up too! Going down there in 4 days for a 9 day hunt in La Pampa province for stag. Near Santa Rosa. Was the roar on Hawkeye? What were the daytime highs? Was it easy to check your guns in Buenos Aires? Customs coming back? I just found this forum a week or so ago and don't have the mysterious customs 4457 form (or whatever its called). I'll let you guys know how the hunt went on the 30 of March when I get back.

Jon

Posts: 165 | Location: mississippi | Registered: 12 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
megalomaniac,

Get that 4457 from customs or they will seize your guns on return to the US. Just call your nearest US Customs office and ask them how to handle getting the form. Different offices want you to do it differently. You will probably end up taking the guns to the office and they will make out the forms. Sometimes I have just given them the ser.# and other times they want to see the guns. Make sure you take it in a case with the bolt out.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Jon,

You can use a bill of sale for your gun if you don't have the form. The customs agent helped my friend get one in Dallas but if they want to be a pr**k they can give you a hard time.

The weather was in the high 70's low 80's and everything was layed up in the thick stuff during the day. No roaring yet but I think with the cooler weather that started Friday morning it will start soon. Good luck and above all try the Boar hunting while you are there.

Hawkeye47

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info about 4457... If I stop by there the day of the flight, will I get the form and can travel the same day or do I have to wait a couple of days to get the form back in the mail, etc?

Hawkeye, for some reason I have no desire to shoot a big pig. Maybe when I see just how impressive they really are, I'll add one onto the cost of the hunt. Thinking about adding an Axis as it is, but I think most Axis are on fenced ranches. Nothing against high fences, I just prefer free range animals.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Megalomaniac,

If you allow enough time before your flight you can stop by the airport customs. Let them know you are coming though to make sure someone will be able to take care of you. Getting the form is a real quick and easy process if the agent you get is a reasonable person.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hawkeye,

I'm hunting with Rolando Nusbaum with 'Argentina's Best Hunts'. He's been extremely flexible with my limited schedule, and was thrilled when I told him I only wanted to hunt red stag (apparently he enjoys this more than anything else). I'm hoping everything works out well, but I'll definetly let you guys know how it goes when I get back.

Jon

one of us
posted Hide Post
Megalomaniac: I assume you�ll be hunting the San Eduardo reserve. HINT: don�t play bridge against Rolando, by any means.
Good hunting

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote