THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Help a fellow hunter - Buffalo, Kudu, Waterbuck and more for $17,995
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help a fellow hunter - Buffalo, Kudu, Waterbuck and more for $17,995
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted
My neighbour – Jan Ekhardt (who is also a PH) – served in the Angolan War and was wounded during his service on the Namibia/Angola border. He survived his injuries but a nerve in his leg was damaged – resulting in him losing feeling in his right leg and foot.

A year or so ago, he stepped onto a sickle bush thorn – which broke off inside his foot. He didn’t know about this as he had no feeling in his foot. This resulted in an infection – which has escalated to the point where he will likely end up with an amputated foot if he is not urgently operated on. Unfortunately, his medical aid won’t cover the cost of the operation as the injury to his foot was a “pre-existing condition” when he got his medical insurance. The estimated cost of the operation and follow-up treatment will be ZAR450K ($32K+).

Between me and a fellow landowner in the area, we put a hunting package together that we want to offer to AR members. The proceeds of this hunt will be paid into our accountant’s trust account from where it will be channeled to cover Jan’s medical expenses. No profit will be made from this hunt by either me or the landowner. This is an honest effort to generate cash and help a fellow PH in need.

The package includes:

Full board accommodation and associated services for one hunter (hunting 1X1) for 7 days
1 X Buffalo bull
1 X Kudu bull
1 X Waterbuck bull
1 X Red Hartebeest bull
1 X Blue Wildebeest bull
1 X Impala ram
1 X Warthog boar

The value of this hunt (based on my regular daily rates and trophy fees) is more than $23K but we’re selling it for $17,995 (which is less than the standard trophy fees alone). Dates available for the hunt are between July 10th and July 22nd, 2022 or alternatively after Sept 17th.
Time is of the essence here as Jan is scheduled to go in for surgery on Thursday next week and the hospital requires a deposit before he’ll be admitted. For this reason, we will need a deposit equal to the full hunt cost to secure the hunt for you.
We are not asking for donations. If you’re interested helping a fellow hunter and at the same time taking advantage of the best pricing on a quality hunt you’ll ever come across, please contact me.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris
This is a good offer and a worthy cause. I hope you are able to sell this hunt quickly.

JCHB

Posts: 412 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding that your putting this hunt together to help a fellow PH. Best of luck selling this hunt right away.
Bruce

Posts: 375 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of whitewater bob
posted Hide Post
Chris.......very worthy cause. Excellent offer. Where will the hunt be conducted?.........WWB

Posts: 16 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 February 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
This hunt is from my camp near Ellisras in Limpopo Province. We’re 3.5 hours from Johannesburg.

Property sizes range between 5,000 and 20,000 acres.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
An admirable gesture from a class act. Hope you can sell this one soon, Chris.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16433 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very worthy cause. Hope it has sold

Tim