New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free Range Aoudad Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
West Texas Hunt Organization (WTHO) is now booking for the Fall 2015/Early 2016 time frame for free range Aoudad in west Texas.
Hunts are fair chase spot and stalk style hunts with a few ranches offering "Safari Style" or hunting over Water/Feed options.
I have multiple ranches in the west Texas area that I have exclusive access to for Aoudad hunting and with strict quotas in place
keeping success rates on big trophy rams high.

Fully guided, semi guided, and some self guided hunts are available with payment plans available.
All of my references and pricing are publicly listed on my website.
Average Rams will be in the 28" to 32" range with several 34" to 36" Rams taken every year with multiple harvests
unofficially scoring high in the books.

Rifle-Pistol- or Archery Welcome

www.westtexashuntorg.com
Mike 915-328-0645 (Call or Text)
elpasohunter@gmail.com

Available Ranches for Fall & Winter 2015- All other are Booked

Devils River (3 Ranches Here), 3 day 1x1 Guided $3295
Terlingua Area, 3 day 1x1 No Frills $1995 4 Day Self Guided $1495
Rancho Consuelo, 3 day 1x1 Guided $3095
Indio, 3 Day 1x1 $3595

( 4 Day guided hunts are also available as well as extended self guided hunts, prices are all on my site for more info)

I will book up to 2 years in advance with single hunters up to a small group welcome on most properties.
I like to hunt Aoudad late September into early March with November and December being off limits due to deer
season unless a combo hunt is arranged or arranged prior. Some Spring and Summer hunts may be available on the Devils
River properties although the heat will play a major roll in animal movement.
Here are a couple rams we have taken

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/

Posts: 436 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Prices?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
They're free. First come, first serve.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12549 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apologize, prices posted. They are also on my website under each ranch with the link provided above.

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Posts: 436 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I'm not in the market for one of these hunts at the moment, but really like the looks of them, especially the unguided option. Having never seen a wild audad or even been in audad country, unguided might not be a smart idea for me. What exactly does semi-guided entail?

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dean,

Our semi guided hunts are loosely labeled but typically I would like to get a couple hunters interested in booking the same date that wanted the same option (semi guided). I will have a guide or two on site where they will point you in the right direction, go out with you for a bit each day and show you the difference between trophys and non trophys, share there knowledge on how to hunt them, etc.

We can also do the hunt with or without meals to help out with the hunt cost as well. I will set the hunt up to suit your needs as best I can.

www.westtexashunt.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike. I'm going to make a hunting trip to your part of the world sooner rather than later.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of joedjr
posted Hide Post
What's the closest commercial airport for the Terlingua property? Also, what about accommodations? Motel? How far from ranch? Acreage of ranch? Thanks, Joe

Posts: 310 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 24 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call me anytime Dean!

joedr
El Paso or Midland will be the closest, it is a hard area to access via plan due to the location. There are cabins available to rent all in the area at your own expense and acreage as of now is just over 3,000 acres which is not big for the area although is in good locations and also is why it is our most economical hunt.

Over the summer though we are negotiating on several other ranches so that may change.

www.westtexashunt.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indio is booked with a few hunts left on the Consuelo and Devils River

www.westtexashunt.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sent you a pm mulie mike......

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may have an opening in early October for 2 to 3 hunters on Indio for a self guided hunt option.
If anyone would be interested in this hunt please email me or shoot me a Pm.

www.westtexashunt.com