Notify
Tools

Romania Driven Wildboar Group Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where: Romania
When: Dates in November
Cost: 1,500 euros + 400 euros flat fee per boar that you shoot - no size restriction. They do expect you to shoot at all shootable boar and not just the monsters!
Number of guns required: 10 in total
No. of days: 3 days of hunting, 4 nights total

Incudes:
---------

Pick up at airport
transport to hunting lodge/hunting area
Full board and accommodation

Does not include:
------------------

Alcohol
Rifle hire if required - taking guns to Romania is pretty straightforward
Gratuities

This is a free range hunt, not fenced. It has not been hunted in many years and is teeming with wild boar. They will show you enough game and expect the group to shoot 60-80 boar over 3 days. So practice your running shots and enjoy a great experience. Some of these wild boar can be true monsters in excess of 400lbs! And these are true wild european wild boar not feral pigs.

If you end up shooting 6 boar, figure a cost of about 1500+2400 = 3.900 euros OR aprx $4,500.

Thanks for looking.

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628
DSC booth # 236
SCI booth # 1148

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
What airport would you fly into?

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10134 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bucharest

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Expecting hunters to shot and pay 400€ for piglets(yearlings) sounds optimistic.

Posts: 93 | Location: Norway | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LHO, no one forces hunters to shoot piglets. If you prefer a different pricing you can shoot piglets and pay 100 euros, 1500 for boars with tusks over 22cms. and 400 for the ones under 22cms. Can we count you in?

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
I think I would stick with the original pricing and just miss when I shoot at the not so big ones.... Cool

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
I think I would stick with the original pricing and just miss when I shoot at the not so big ones.... Cool

Gun would probably jam on me too.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks please don't over think this. It's a hunting experience for someone who wants a lot of shooting. It's not something we have over here in the States and it is a lot of fun. It's also a matter of luck as all the boars in a drive can go past your buddies while you enjoy the scenery! Its about camaraderie, fun and a lot of shooting.

This Video will give you an idea of what these hunts are like. THIS IS NOT OUR HUNT, JUST A DRIVEN WILDBOAR HUNT. I suspect this maybe on a preserve due to the number of animals, but the area where this hunt will take place has not been hunted in years so one can expect a lot of action! It is not fenced.

I have booked 3 hunters so far so 7 spots left.

let me know if you have any Qs.

thanks,

Arjun

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
That is helluva price for that kinda hunt
I wish them guys in Africa would something like that for bush pigs and warthogs as well

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
LHO, no one forces hunters to shoot piglets. If you prefer a different pricing you can shoot piglets and pay 100 euros, 1500 for boars with tusks over 22cms. and 400 for the ones under 22cms. Can we count you in?

I would like that option better yes.
I have been going to Slovakia the last 3 years on driven hunts and I enjoy it alot, will keep going there! Happy hunting!

Posts: 93 | Location: Norway | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHO:
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:

I would like that option better yes.
I have been going to Slovakia the last 3 years on driven hunts and I enjoy it alot, will keep going there! Happy hunting!

Pair me up with one of these two and I will shoot all the 100 euro piglets and they can soot the trophys!

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote