New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Zealand hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For anyone looking for a hunt in New Zealand we have some great hunts to offer.

Our partner in NZ has one of the largest privately owned hunting areas in NZ. With a big population of red stag, elk and other species they are able to offer some of the best rates possible. This is a fenced property but the size of the area and terrain is such that you will have a fair chase hunt. They also offer Thar hunts on the property or can also be hunted free range in the mountains along with Chamois.

A typical hunt itinerary is as follow:

Pick up from Queenstown hotel in the morning Drive to the lodge by lunch in time to hunt that afternoon
4-5 full days of hunting depending on the species and number of animals you wish to hunt.
Drop off in Queenstown

Hunter cost per night is $500
Observer cost per night is $400

Included::
• Lodging and meals
• Alcoholic beverages in moderation
• Guide services and first preparation of trophies.
• Delivery to taxidermist
• Gun hire
• GST

Not Included:
•Airport pick up and drop off from Queenstown $200/person. Two or more $150/person.
•Cost of Ammo
•Trophy Fees

500-550 Red Stag

390-440 Elk

TROPHY FEES:

Red Stag (SCI score):
Upto 349 $2,700
350-369 $3,900
370-399 $4,700
400-449 $5,800
450-499 $8,200
500-549 $10,500
550-599 $18,000
600-650 $24,000
Larger POR

Elk (SCI score)

Upto 349 $4,000
350-359 $5,000
360-369 $6,000
370-379 $7,000
380-389 $8,000
390-399 $9,250
400-409 $10,500
410-419 $12,500
420-429 $14,500
430-439 $19,000
440-449 $24,000
450+ POR

Other species
Thar $3,500
Fallow deer $2,500
Fallow 280-310 $6,500
Wildboar $1,500
Arapawa Ram $850
Turkey $350
Bison $3,500

They are already pretty booked up for 2025, so if this is on your radar, please get in touch sooner than later.

Season 1st March - 31st May

Thanks for your time.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

Watch GUNSTIX Shooting Sticks in action
Short version https://youtu.be/HYoF1nR9JFo?si=aUeCBW_G5OJAK26f
Long version https://youtu.be/NJ96K8T-ttc

2024 SHOW BOOTHS:
DSC (Dallas 11th-14th January) booth #950
SCI (Nashville 31st Jan-3rd Feb) booth #411
Western Hunting and Conservation Expo (Salt lake city 15th-18th February) booth # 319

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
I assume all these stags are fenced?

Posts: 124 | Location: Idaho & Montana & Washington | Registered: 24 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you can assume those stags also have holes in their ears where the farm tags were removed. Shaking a bucket of corn could save you a long stalk. I could be wrong, they may have been released two or three years ago and be almost wild by now. There are free range stags outside fences but on private land, with more than 20 points, Fertilised pasture, I have taken a couple myself, but their sires were almost certainly born on farms and released. Truly wild stags without farm breeding carrying more than 14 points are incredibly rare.
You pay your money and take a huge trophy head in a couple of days or you hunt the back country on public land, with a guide for a week, and maybe get an old 10 pointer or it may rain all week and you see nothing. If you are coming all this way to NZ to hunt you might as well shoot a big one but don't imagine it doesn't know what a high fence looks like.

Posts: 294 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M.Shy:

Clearly stated in the advert.

Posts: 388 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think this is the best deal I’ve personally seen or remember for big stags….
Arjun has done a great job sourcing this for us..thank you Arjun
I would love to do this one year especially at these prices

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did it with some customers about 25 years ago. It was during the roar. The lodge was above the fog and listening to the stags was something else. We lined up all the racks around the lodge and it was pretty cool. We knew what the deal was but a fine social hunt with good friends.If your a stickler don’t do it. If you go into with some friends just enjoy it. Those racks are something else.

Posts: 28 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 17 June 2022Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are great prices. Are the Thar free range or high fence and are helicopters needed to reach them? I know helo fees can be high.

I loved New Zealand and this would give me an excuse to go back.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
some very good prices om all the animals. Be nice to know how big the place is that the hunt takes place on

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M.Shy:

Yes hunts such as these are all conducted on South Island high country stations which usually run domestic stock along side providing hunts for game animals, all conducted behind high deer fencing as we call it.
Hunts are tailored to suit the ability and fitness of hunters i.e. travelling around the hunt area in 4x4's, step out and shoot more or less, or all done on foot climbing in and around genuine high country. Deer especially are farm bred, their huge branched multi point heads reflecting hormonal feed stock. They definitely do not grow like that in the wild. Tahr and chamois captured and put behind bars or bred on the farm are seemingly not affected by farming in so far as their horns go as these are grown over their lifetime.

Many NZ hunters hunt on fenced farmland or high country stations if they have permission to do so, albeit standard domestic stock fences are free range to game animals, they jump in and out or push through these fences at will so fences per se don't deter kiwi hunters from hunting those areas.

We are right in the middle of the red deer roar (rut) now and there will be some nice big heads taken, most by chance where the hunter happens to be in the right place at the right time. Many hunters will not be successful. Likewise chamois and tahr, can be all hunted free on public land and in national and forest parks etc., as can all our game animals, however you take pot luck with success, you and the animals just have to meet at the same place, same time.

What the Pom has said in his post is all too true.

Posts: 3848 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys

Posts: 124 | Location: Idaho & Montana & Washington | Registered: 24 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The hunting area in NZ is around 10,000 acres and as mentioned before it is one of the largest privately owned hunting properties in NZ. Combined with the size of the area and the terrain it provides for a fair chase hunting experience. As is the case with South Africa and Namibia most hunting properties in NZ are also fenced. The Thar come and go at will but the red stag and other species are hunted within the property boundaries. For the purists and wild stag hunting aficionados here we can offer hunts for wild, native, free range stags in some of the best areas in Eastern Europe.

For those looking for an even wilder deer hunt we offer horse back hunts for Maral stag (ASIAN ELK) in Kazakhstan and Red stag in Patagonia, Argentina.

FYI, Red deer are the most prolific species of deer in the world. They are native all over eastern and western Europe as well as Turkey and in Northern India too, the Hangul or Kashmir stag, maybe Russia am not sure! Red stag were introduced in Australia, NZ, Argentina and probably SA too!

Anyway we are getting lost in the weeds!

If anyone is interested in a red stag hunt in NZ, Australia, Argentina, England, Scotland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, France, Spain let me know Smiler

Thanks for your time.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

Watch GUNSTIX Shooting Sticks in action
Short version https://youtu.be/HYoF1nR9JFo?si=aUeCBW_G5OJAK26f
Long version https://youtu.be/NJ96K8T-ttc

2024 SHOW BOOTHS:
DSC (Dallas 11th-14th January) booth #950
SCI (Nashville 31st Jan-3rd Feb) booth #411
Western Hunting and Conservation Expo (Salt lake city 15th-18th February) booth # 319

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote