Notify
Tools

Hunt Beceite Ibex in Spain
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dates: 12th October to 27th November 2015

Outfitter: Farrington Deer Services

Arrival /Departure Point: Barcelona (BCN)

Hunt Duration: Four days (two days hunting)

Price(USD): 4 days - $6100 per person. Extra hunting days $500

FDS Contact Details
Address: Farrington Deer Services,
Ballard Down, All Saints, Smallridge, Axminster, Devon,England, EX13 7LY

Email: info@farringtonds.com or ifarrington@hotmail.com

Telephone: 00 44 7798 771 062

Folks,

We are please to offer you the opportunity to hunt for a unique and exciting trophy – the Beceite Ibex (Capra pyrenaica hispanica) in N.E Spain.

The beasts need to be closely studied and identified by your guide & this ensures that shooting ranges are normally well below 300m. You will be hunting only for specific, older beasts on this private concession – aging warriors of at least ten years of age and just below CIC Bronze medal status.

We will be hunting in the coastal Tortosa range, between Barcelona and Valencia. The area mainly consists of limestone mountains with extensive vegetation (rosemary bushes) & pine forests. Our hunts are timed to co-incide with the annual rut & with very high numbers of Ibex (you can glass over fifty males a day) although free-ranging, this hunt has almost 99% success rate.

'Macho Montes' as he is known in Spain, has the largest body size of all the Iberian Ibex – as well as some of the largest horns. He weighs around 225 pounds and stands 36 inches to the shoulder. The summer coat is pale gray, with black underparts, while in winter the hair is longer and darker After 10 years of age, the horns will usually measure over 27 inches in length with 9 or 10 inch bases.

Hunting is conducted on grounds which will present you with a physical challenge, though we can cater to those in less than the peak of condition. Be in no doubt that to get the most from your hunt, a reasonable level of mobility and fitness is needed – as with any form of mountain hunting!

Cottage accommodation for hunters is provided in a village in the centre of the hunting area, while those shooters bringing non-hunting partners can be up-graded to a quality local hotel in near-by Tortosa - offering quality food, a spa and the facilities of the town.

You will be hosted by Ian Farrington & guided by our selected local PH's and translators. References can be provided, or, inquiring on this site's European Big Game forum will put you in touch with many of our members who I have hunted with over the last thirteen years.

Contact me by PM or Email if you have any queries & I will do my best to answer them.

We are looking forward to hunting with you and making this a very special trip. After all, we want you to come again!

Visitors Rifle Permits: $50 per person

Daily Rifle Hire: $30

Your hunt includes:

Hotel/lodge food & accommodation
Pick up and drop off from airport
All hunting transport
Field preparation & care of your trophies

Hunt does not include:

Flights
Personal expenses
Alcoholic beverages
Taxidermy
Lost and wounded animals (charged at full rates)
Gratuities

Regards,

Ian

www.farringtonds.com

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that is a deal !

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks for the interest Folks, all PMs now replied to.

Any further information required on this hunt, please Email me at: info@farringtonds.com

Rgds

Ian

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote