New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lion - Save Valley - Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Shangaan Hunters on Senuko, in the Save Valley Conservancy, Zimbabwe are back after 4-5 years of no permits but where still on the ground looking after the wildlife so there is no change in the quality of the hunting here. We have one lion on permit and as there are difficulties importing them and they are a high price animal we decided to share the burden. This is not due to thinking that there is little chance of getting a lion, we are actually confident that the hunter has a very good chance on getting a very nice wild male lion. The last lion hunted here was 2012 and every hunt till then was successful. Lion are heard most nights close to camp. We have taken half the daily rates off and added them to the trophy fee so if for some reason the hunter is not successful then his pocket is not that much lighter. So....

Operator: Shangaan Hunters
PH: +263772272177
Email: glenns@senuko.com

18 days @ $1100 = $19800
Gov. tax on daily rates - $396

Lion trophy fee: $35800
Gov tax on trophy fee. - $1432

Plains game and buffalo cows at normal trophy fees.
Buffalo can be added for $8500 trophy fee.

Posts: 146 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 06 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Thats the spirit and more and more are offering the two tier pricing system.

Get some good Lions on camera and you should draw some interest.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9972 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted the adjoining properties. There are plenty of lions around. I took my last lion on Hammond not far from Senuko. Actually, very close.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think this hunt should be nearly a slam dunk as it would seem the SAVE is catching up to the Bubye in overpopulation of lion. My clients routinely see lions in daylight while just driving around and too often bump them on foot while hunting buff etc.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took a great lion with Glenn on Senuko a few years ago - great hunt!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
I think this hunt should be nearly a slam dunk as it would seem the SAVE is catching up to the Bubye in overpopulation of lion. My clients routinely see lions in daylight while just driving around and too often bump them on foot while hunting buff etc.

Mark

Very true.

The last time I hunted Sango, I was astounded at the increase in the lion population. While I was closing in to shoot my last elephant bull on Sango, I bumped some lions. I was plenty close enough to shoot the elephant and I was closer to the lions. Talk about unnerving. Fortunately, the lions ran.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
$35800

Over 36K for the trophy fee! Way out of my price
range!

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BH 63,

This is actually a very good price. If you look around a little you'll see lions at nearly double that price. This is spendy but a good value in today's Africa.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very good price and good deal! If you don't get the lion of your dreams reasonable daily rates!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the positive comments. All the best.

Posts: 146 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 06 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is an excellent way to hunt lion. I did this same method in Namibia a few years ago - reasonable daily rate and a high trophy fee.

When I can import the lion again, I would do this in a heartbeat....

Posts: 10371 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote