Find
Notify
Tools

SSG Safaris- Zimbabwe 2016
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted
Hello guys. I'm back booking hunts for Nixon Dzingai of SSG Safaris. Many of you remember I booked hunts for him from 2009-2013. Quite a few of you booked hunts through me. Several guys here on AR have hunted with Nixon multiple times. I hunted with him 2008 and 2013. His areas are well known for high quality trophies.

Nixon has asked me to help him once again.

SSG hunts the Malapati, Sengwe 1 & 2

2016 price list here with the following:
Elephant Hunt {minimum 12 days] @1700 per Day
15 Days Elephant/Buffalo Hunt @2000 per Day
10 Days Buffalo / Plains Game @1000 per Day
14 Days Buffalo/ Leopard Hunt @1200 per Day
10 Days {2x1} Buffalo Package @25000 all inclusive
7 Days {1x1} Buffalo Package @13500 all inclisive
Plains Game @ 650 per Day
Observer rate @250 per Day

Elephant under 70lbs $17000
70-90lbs $20000
91-99lbs $25000
100lbs and up $30000
Buffalo 5000
Leopard 5000
Crocodile 5000
Hippo 5000
Nyala 3500
Eland 2000
Waterbuck 2500
Kudu 2300
Giraffe 2000
Zebra 1100
Wildebeast 1000
Hyena 900
Bushbuck 1000
Impala 450
Klipspringer 700
Duiker 300
Steenbok 500
Grysbok 300
Bushpig 400
Warthog 400

EXTRA CHARGES
Field trophy preparation and export documentation fee 750
Government Levy Daily Rates 2%
Government Levy on Trophy Fees 4%
Cites Tags for Elephant/Leopard and Crocodile 200 each
Road Transfer from Harare/Malapati/Round Trip 1000 (can be split with other hunters)
Zimra Vat $15 per Day per person

Please contact me at:
Bobby Lowe
PO Box 3443
Idaho Falls, ID 83403
208-709-2919
dukxdog@ida.net

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are posting hunts for sale, why do we need to request trophy fees for elephant? They should be posted.

As you surely know, Saeed requests all details to be given when selling a hunt.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see you edited your original post to now include trophy fees for elephant. Thanks.

Unlike the vast majority of Zimbabwe outfitters and PH's, you are using a sliding scale similar to some of the TZ outfitters. In fact, I can't think of a single outfitter in Zimbabwe that uses a sliding weight scale for elephant trophy fees.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RCG:
I see you edited your original post to now include trophy fees for elephant. Thanks.

Unlike the vast majority of Zimbabwe outfitters and PH's, you are using a sliding scale similar to some of the TZ outfitters. In fact, I can't think of a single outfitter in Zimbabwe that uses a sliding weight scale for elephant trophy fees.

Pretty sure all the outfitters and PHs that killed a 100 pounder last year in Zim use a sliding scale trophy fee.

Wink

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RCG:

It sounds like you are just trying to muckrake. You won't get a snarky response from me.

What I can say is that anyone who wants to have a realistic opportunity at a very large elephant can have that with Nixon. He has a consistent track record which speaks for itself on bulls over 70#. It is to bad right now that this ivory can't be imported into the USA. Someday that will change but for now that's life.

His buffalo are top shelf being big and old.

Here is my 92x91 I got with Nixon in 2013. The bull in the top photo is 121#.

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the place number one for a big elephant!

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
For sure and for big buffs as well
Producing excellent trophies costs
Plus it is hell of an outfit, that's run well

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck Bobby. You can certainly use me as a reference. 3 fantastic safaris with Nixon.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Wish I could go, hunting with Nixon you are certainly fishing were the big fish roam! Some great deals too!

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you back Dukx..

Twice with Nixon for me..

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Exercise great caution booking with Bobby and Nixon. Feedback from previous PROFESSIONAL booking agents will tell you all you need to know.

There is no question there are great animals that leave the park in this part of Zim. And there are hunters who are quite successful.

Quite a few other hunters are far less successful and quite critical of Nixon's overall operation. There have been numerous reports of unethical, improper and illegal behavior. Some apparently have been able to overlook these issues when they harvest a great trophy.

At best, understand you are rolling the dice when booking through Bobby to hunt with Nixon. Few are willing to post on this forum their negative experiences, due to the shit storm of criticism heaped on them from his followers. I've been down that road, and understand why others keep quiet. Just watch what follows this post.

Simply post you are considering booking with Nixon and encourage PM's and you will get a lot more honest feedback.

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been twice, as well as 5 friends...nothing but good to say.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
If you do book with Nixon, I recommend a PH named Ishumael. He really helped make my hunt a success.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ishumaels bad judgment got my friend hit by a Buffalo. Avoid him like the plague every one has a different experience mine was bad.

Posts: 170 | Location: Vero Beach Florida | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ishumaels bad judgment got my friend hit by a Buffalo.

Is this Chris?

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jon
It is I have to come up shooting this weather is very different than last year.
Regards
Chris

Posts: 170 | Location: Vero Beach Florida | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by llamapacker:
Exercise great caution booking with Bobby

Bill

You did not book your hunt through me. You are not worth wasting time on.

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BEGNO:
Good luck Bobby. You can certainly use me as a reference. 3 fantastic safaris with Nixon.

Thanks Butch. You are a class act.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
I've been twice, as well as 5 friends...nothing but good to say.

I would be one of the 5 friends with Biebs. Although I did not score with a Buff, it was a very good experience. I had 3 opportunities for a trophy animal, but the shot just was not there.
I must add it was very difficult to get a visa to Zim, being a citizen of the Philippines.

Posts: 134 | Location: Cebu, Philippines | Registered: 08 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Nixon and SSG twice now, and I have not yet seen anything that was not above board. I am booked for 2017 with him again. The game quality is better than any other place I have seen yet.
I have also hunted with Ismael as my PH twice. I would hunt with him again in a heartbeat. I have not had a problem with them yet.............

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ishumaels bad judgment got my friend hit by a Buffalo. Avoid him like the plague every one has a different experience mine was bad.

I would like to hear the whole story on this.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE

There is no question there are great animals that leave the park in this part of Zim. And there are hunters who are quite successful.

Quite a few other hunters are far less successful and quite critical of Nixon's overall operation. There have been numerous reports of unethical, improper and illegal behavior. Some apparently have been able to overlook these issues when they harvest a great trophy
----------------------------------------------
These rumors / reports are fairly credible, heard it from very reliable sources ourselves, Nixon has a very close relationship with the park warden that's in charge. On more than one occasion the boundary seems to have "moved"... Just sayin...

Posts: 114 | Location: Africa | Registered: 29 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys01:
quote:

I would like to hear the whole story on this.

We would too... When all goes to plan, he's the man! When it goes pear shaped , funny how it's always the p/h's fault,bad judgement,careless approached etc...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It probably all started by the client / hunter not putting in a good first shot...?? A seasoned and experienced p/hunter should always drum these words into his clients..."if you are not 100% comfortable or happy to take the shot... DON'T shoot"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zim
You are a very smart man . It started with a rushed shot at 140 yards After running 200 yards. Very inexperienced hunter a lot of pressure to get him a buffalo time running out. I told Ish 20 times backup the shot and you have a very inexperienced hunter. This was a 2 day effort and it ended with 3 hunters walking in thick riverine with their guns slung over their shoulders charged at 20yds and no shot fired. A lot of stupidity went on at every level. At the end of the day my friend was great full that Ish,Robson and Marufo stayed and shot the buffalo off him. He is fully recovered and has a head mount in his basement a reminder every day how lucky he is. I like Ish on a personal level just don't think he should be a ph he has had other issues on other hunts . If I didn't feel strongly about it I would not have made the comment.
Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
any professional hunter with experience will know making your client take a shot under those conditions, is setting yourself up for a tough follow up. As always accidents are not the result of one single action, but rather a culmination of errors!!

U guys got off lightly in the circumstance you described. They had clearly let their guard down, and carrying your rifle slung over your shoulder in thick cover on a wounded buffalo follow up is asking for trouble.