THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Why wait for “End of Season Specials” if you can save $2K on the Springbok G/Slam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why wait for “End of Season Specials” if you can save $2K on the Springbok G/Slam
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted

My colleague from the Eastern Cape and I put a package hunt together for the Springbok Grand Slam which may be of interest to some. In addition to quality Springbok trophies (all colour variations), the area also has excellent Black Wildebeest...

... Blesbok, Mountain Reedbuck + various other Eastern Cape species including Cape Kudu AND (what Craig Boddington described as one of the most challenging to hunt) Vaal Rhebuck!

The Springbok Grand Slam hunt will be conducted in the Steynsburg area on several thousand acres of private hunting land. Hunting Vaal Rhebuck in addition to the Grand Slam and other species available onsite will require some travelling (+- 1 hour from camp). Some of the areas we hunt on are high fenced whilst others (including the Vaal Rhebuck and Kudu area) are not.

This is a hunt that would normally cost more than $7,000 if booked on a Daily Rate + Trophy Fees basis with me. We’re however going to sell ONE 7 day hunt for maximum two hunters hunting 1X1 this coming season at a 30% discount and only charge $4,999 for the complete 7 day hunt including Trophy Fees for the Springbok Grand Slam. Additional Hunting Days may be booked at a reduced $350p/d (normally $450) and additional animals may be hunted at reduced Trophy Fees (on some species) which are:

Blesbok - $350
Blesbok (White) - $400
Caracal - $450
Duiker (Grey) - $250
Eland - $2,000
Gemsbok - $1,100
Hartebeest - $1,100
Jackal - $100
Kudu (Cape) - $1,100
Lechwe - $3,000
Mountain Reedbuck - $550
Vaal Rhebuck - $1,150
Steenbuck - $250
Waterbuck - $2,000
Wildebeest (Black) - $750
Wildebeest (Blue) - $850
Zebra (Burchell’s) - $1,200

There is no catch here... the price of $4,999 includes:

• Road Transportation from Johannesburg or Bloemfontein to the hunting area and back
• The same Hospitality and Friendship that other clients rave about
• All accommodations, excellent meals and beverages
• Daily Laundry Service
• Use of Hunting Vehicle, Services of PH (1X1 basis), Trackers and Field Staff
• Skinning of Trophies and Delivery thereof to local Taxidermist / Dipping/Packing Agent

The Package Price excludes Taxidermy/Dipping/Shipping Charges related to getting your Trophies back.

For examples of animals hunted with me over the past years please visit the Trophy Gallery on my website at Gallery or for more info please contact me directly.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DadGum!

This is one really fine package price. If I were not booked already for a similar deal in RSA, April of 2012, I would be booking for this one with Chris.

Thanks for offering such a value package this early for 2012.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
DadGum!

This is one really fine package price. If I were not booked already for a similar deal in RSA, April of 2012, I would be booking for this one with Chris.

Thanks for offering such a value package this early for 2012.

Rich

Thanks Rich,

Wait until you see the Nyala deal I'll be putting up soon.

The rationale behind putting 3 significantly reduced package hunts up for sale for next year is this:

In the past I have donated hunts to SCI Chapters. I've in the meanwhile learnt that donating free hunts is quite a gamble... Sometimes it works and turns out to be beneficial for both the Outfitter and the Client but more often than not only the client benefits by getting a cheap hunt. It is crazy to see the prices that some of these donated hunts fetch at fund raising events. $5,000 hunts get sold for $300 and less!

So what I'm doing now is to use a portion of my advertising budget to offer dicounted hunts as opposed to donating free hunts. This way - the client benefits by getting a really good deal on a quality hunt and I am not working for free.

So far - so good...

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont get it though. If it is say $350 per day for seven days... how many of these springbok things do you get for some $2450?? Sorry, I dont know what a springbok grandslam is?

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
Apologies Matt, I left this out of my original post by mistake.

The Grand Slam comprises of 4 colour variations of Springbok:

1 X Common Springbok valued at $350
1 X Black Springbok valued at $600
1 X Copper Springbok valued at $900
1 X White Springbok valued at $1,500

Total value of trophies included in package $3,350 based on my list prices.

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
EDITED:

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisTroskie:
Apologies Matt, I left this out of my original post by mistake.

The Grand Slam comprises of 4 colour variations of Springbok:

1 X Common Springbok valued at $350
1 X Black Springbok valued at $600
1 X Copper Springbok valued at $1,500
1 X White Springbok valued at $900

Total value of trophies included in package $3,350 based on my list prices.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys I shot a Grand Slam of Boks earlier this year. Not with Chris but they were great fun outfoxing and getting in close enough for a shot. don't let these little guys fool you.

Not to mention this is a tereffic offer.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1038 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris does a fine job with clients. I know about 7 people who have hunted with him in the last 2 years and they have all said great things. Not one complaint.

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nube:
Chris does a fine job with clients. I know about 7 people who have hunted with him in the last 2 years and they have all said great things. Not one complaint.

Thanks for the compliment nube,

Here are a couple more examples of the animals we're talking about - hunted with us this past season:

Not to brag - just to show some examples.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com