THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    (3) Discounted Brown Bears for '11 (FURTHER DISCOUNT)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(3) Discounted Brown Bears for '11 (FURTHER DISCOUNT)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The first hunt is with Kelly Vrem who has been hunting the Peninsula for many years and runs a top notch operation. He has one slot still open this year 12-21 Oct.

You'll be hunting the beach on the Bering Sea side of the Peninsula so it will not be a butt buster hunt at all.

The Peninsula is noted for its really big bears and a monster is possible but Kelly would not advise you to turn down a 9 footer unless you can be happy leaving without a bear.

This hunt routinely is priced at 1x1 10 days $21,500. Now $15,900. This is a great deal with a super outfit.

The second hunt is with Rick Grant/Tikchik Air Ventures. I've know Rick for many years and he runs a small but very personal operation in Western AK. He has an exclusive hunt area in the Togiak National Wildlife Refuge where he only takes four bears per year.

You should expect around 9' here and to see 10 to 20 bears a day. I personally hunted this area for 20 years and the bears are incredilbly numereous there.

Rick has (2) openings 20-30 Sept with 9 actual hunt days.

Price is 1x1 $13,000.

Both hunt prices include the hunt and bush flight. Kelly's hunt starts from King Salmon and Rick's from Dillingham. Both King Salmon and Dillingham can be reached by multiple daily flights from Anchorage and the flights are basically the same cost.

Extras for both hunts:

License $85
Bear tag $500
Trophy shipping
Taxidermy as necessary
Hotels if needed before or after the hunt
Airfare to and from King Samon or Dillingham
Gratuities

Contact me anytime with your questions.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
I can vouch for Kelly Vrem(hunted with him/his outfit many times), he runs a top notch outfit and his guides are second to none.I hope an AR member buys his hunt so we can here the report.The peninsula is what it is(read the weather will be great,crappy,and horrible all in the first hour you are there,plus there will be wind)but it grows some whopper size brown bears.IMHO
wesley

Posts: 672 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Mark, whats the typical weather around this period. I have friend that love fishing, is it a waste of time to bring him along on a hunt like this ? Is there any better areas where he can hire a guide and fish while im out hunting.

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
There won't be any fishing in October. The salmon are all done with their spawning runs. Perhaps a few char or dollies, maybe the odd rainbow, but that'd be about it, and awful weather for a fishing trip.

Posts: 3857 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anton,

I don't necessarily agree with DLS. PM sent.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Were I to find myself on a bear hunt with Petersen out in unit 17a I wouldn't be without some kind of fishing rod.

The silver salmon will be around in some streams in some kind of numbers. They'd be mostly played out but I'd expect some kind of sport. Maybe even a few fresh ones for the evening grill.

The trout, dolly and grayling fishing will be outstanding and late fall is when the jumbo fish are landed. After a summer of feeding on salmon eggs and later on, decaying salmon flesh, the trout et al are much heavier than their spring fighting weight and are still looking to put away some more. The timing of a fall bear hunt/ trout fly fishing trip is perfect.

Weather can be variable. Some years it just pours rain but other October/ late Septembers can be pleasant. We hope for frosty mornings and sunny afternoons. Lots of precipitation can goof a fishing trip buy blowing out the fishing streams but won't make a difference to a bear hunter. Hopefully a bear hunter would find a good berry crop and catch a good boar out sunning himself on a hilside with a belly full of blueberrys. The advantage is twofold; (1) he's out on a hillside instead of point blank around a tight corner of a creek, and (2) he smells like blueberrys instead of rotten salmon.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Damn, damn, damn... all these great opportunities and I've already laid down my hand for this year!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oakman
posted Hide Post
Great guy. I hunted brownies with him a while back and took a 9'9'' bear. Great time,good times and a guy you can trust............... patriot

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

Posts: 241 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 01 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
I have used Rick Grant's flying services regularly for about ten years - he is a standup guy, a great pilot who is very safety conscious, and he knows hunting in his area. To be fair, I have only used him for DIY drop-off hunts, but I trust the man; I have recommended him to numerous friends and family. I will be using him for my next brown bear hunt.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote