THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Book Your Maine Moose Hunt Now. No Lottery Necessary!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Book Your Maine Moose Hunt Now. No Lottery Necessary!
 Login/Join

posted
Maine Bull Moose Hunt, Peak Rut, No Lottery, Book Now!

A new law recently passed by the Maine legislature allocates a limited number of permits to Maine Sporting Camps and lodges through a special lottery. We are working for a lodge that has a bull permit in northern Maine WMD 1.
This hunt takes place in Maine’s best Wildlife Management District 1 during peak rut. Moose densities are very high and expect good opportunities at bulls with rack widths in the middle 40s" to middle 50s", larger bulls are possible. Pictured below is Andrew, one of our guides with his father and brother caping his 60" bull harvested during the September peak rut hunt 2 seasons ago in remote northern Maine. Hunt with bow, muzzle loader or rifle. Being peak rut, bulls are often called into very close range with most animals taken between 25 & 50 yards. Our approach is calling and spot n stalk. If need be, we’ll adjust the hunt based on your physical limitations and desire by shortening the distance we travel on foot. Hunting dates are September 23-28, 2019

A nonresident Maine moose hunting permit is a hard thing to come by. In 2018, the nonresident odds of 1 chance winning a permit in the lottery were 1:1217 and that is if the applicant was willing to accept any available permit, antler-less, bull, season, & location. Apart from the lottery, ten additional permits were auctioned off to the highest bidders to support conservation programs for Maine youth, last year, those sold from $16,000.00 to $18,000.00 and that was just for the permit!

73% of all Maine moose hunters harvested a moose in 2018. Nonresidents have enjoyed a success rate as high as 99% in recent years attributed to the fact most hire the services of a guide. Dave has personally guided over 30 moose hunts with a 97% success rate. In fact, the only time we did not harvest a bull was on a last minute one day hire.

You’ll stay in a comfortable drive to tent camp located in the heart of prime moose hunting country well away from any towns. The main shelter serves as a community area for meals. Private sleep tents for your party of 1-3 persons are spacious 12' x 12' Cabela's Alaknak Ultimate Outfitter tents complete with heavy duty cots, sleeping pads, carpet flooring and wood stove. Sturdy outhouse cleaned daily and showers available with hot water on demand.

I know of 5 of these very limited lodge tag hunts that have already sold for $20,000.00 each and have not seen these hunts listed for any less than that on lodge/outfitter's sites.

Hunting package is $15,000.00 and includes:
• 2 shooters, one moose (permittee and sub-permittee)
• 6-day hunt
• Private land owner access fees into the North Maine Woods
• Meals
• One on one guide
• Quartering & removing your moose from the woods
• Caping your moose for a shoulder or European mount.
• Game bags

Additional costs include
• Moose Permit ($1500.00)
• Big game hunting license $115.00
• For those that are flying to Maine verses driving, we recommend flying in and out of Presque Isle and staying overnight on both ends of your hunt at the Hampton Inn, transportation to and from camp is $200 (each way)
• If you choose to use a local butcher to cut up your meat, $500.00
• Gratuity at hunter’s discretion

Call, text or email me anytime.

Dave Conley
Canoe the Wild
office 207-448-2743
mobile 207-551-8729
Email: dave@canoethewild.com

Posts: 10 | Location: Maine | Registered: 26 January 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

Dave Conley is a dedicated and full time guide in Maine. I've known him for over 40 years and you'll not find a more honest and dedicated guy in the business. Rest assured Dave will do whatever is necessary to legally get you a moose.

This special permit is a unique opportunity. It is the only place in the Lower 48 that I know of where you can just buy a moose permit and go hunting. Yes! You can bid on a permit and if you win the bid pay a princely sum but not just buy a permit.

Whoever buys this hunt will have a special hunt and one far removed from most of the road hunts advertised in Maine.

Consider this one seriously!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can buy Shiras moose tags directly from CWMU operators in Utah.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
$15000 plus the tag is insane. Go to Newfoundland all in for half the money.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
COYOTE HUNTER,

I guess I was thinking opportunities for non-residents when I made my post. It appears there are no non-resident tags available in the Idaho CWMU program.

2th

I don't think your comparing apples to apples. Just the logistics make this Maine hunt a different animal than Newfoundland. Flying through Toronto with guns is far worse a PIA than going to Africa. A lot of folks can't take and extra 2-3 days on each end of the hunt to drive up and take the ferry to Newfoundland either. Additionally I think you can expect a far larger trophy in Maine on average. Don't get me wrong! I think Newfoundland offers a great hunt at a super price but in my mind it is not fair to compare this hunt to one in Newfoundland.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"I guess I was thinking opportunities for non-residents when I made my post. It appears there are no non-resident tags available in the Idaho CWMU program. "

1. The CWMU program is in Utah, not Idaho.

2. Anyone, resident or non-resident, can purchase these hunts.

posted Hide Post
Here is a nice bull moose I personally guided while working for another outfitter a few years ago in northern Maine. He came right to the call and my hunter took him with a muzzle loader!

Posts: 10 | Location: Maine | Registered: 26 January 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
COYOTE HUNTER

Any idea what a permit and hunt costs?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
COYOTE HUNTER,

I just went on the Utah sitehttps://wildlife.utah.gov/about-the-cwmu-program.html and I don't see any non-res permits there either. Idaho does have the CWMU program also.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
COYOTE HUNTER,

I guess I was thinking opportunities for non-residents when I made my post. It appears there are no non-resident tags available in the Idaho CWMU program.

2th

I don't think your comparing apples to apples. Just the logistics make this Maine hunt a different animal than Newfoundland. Flying through Toronto with guns is far worse a PIA than going to Africa. A lot of folks can't take and extra 2-3 days on each end of the hunt to drive up and take the ferry to Newfoundland either. Additionally I think you can expect a far larger trophy in Maine on average. Don't get me wrong! I think Newfoundland offers a great hunt at a super price but in my mind it is not fair to compare this hunt to one in Newfoundland.

Mark

Mark,

it is easier to bring a gun into Canada even in Toronto than a foreigner bringing a gun into the USA.

Posts: 1875 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
COYOTE HUNTER,

I just went on the Utah sitehttps://wildlife.utah.gov/about-the-cwmu-program.html and I don't see any non-res permits there either. Idaho does have the CWMU program also.

Mark

I will make it easy: https://wildlife.utah.gov/about-the-cwmu-program.html

If you're a Utah resident, there are two ways to obtain a CWMU permit:

you can apply for one in the state's public drawing
you can obtain a permit voucher from the landowner or operator of the CWMU you want to hunt
CWMU landowner association members and operators—and their spouses and dependent children—cannot apply for CWMU permits in the public drawing.

If you're not a resident of Utah, you cannot apply for a CWMU permit in the public drawing. You can, however, obtain a permit voucher directly from the CWMU landowner or operator.

Meaning you just buy it from the CWMU that has been given a tag from the state.

Also, I will make you a wager:
You show me an Idaho CWMU, just give me the name and the individual who is in charge of running it, and I will buy you a $100 steak dinner.

Of course, if you can't, you would owe me that dinner.
Deal?

To the OP, it looks like you are taking some really nice bulls. Hunting them at close range sounds like a lot of fun. Best of luck during the next hunting season.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Medved,

Agreed but it can be done although my foreign clients this year are choosing to borrow rifles here.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
COYOTE

You are the man! I got that f!@#!@g wrong. I know why I made a mistake but that's irrelevant as you were correct and I was wrong.

Have good one!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com