Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia Leopard hunt - Cancelation Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted
The following hunt was offered earlier in the year. Our client just canceled on the hunt and the package is available at a special rate of
US 10 500.00

We have one more Leopard Permit left for the 2011 season and is selling it in the following package.

Price

US$ 12,000.00

Details

14 Day Leopard hunt in the North-Western part of Namibia with Shona Hunting Adventures. Hunting will be conducted out of our main camp ,Tualuka Safari Lodge. Please allow 2 extra days for arrival and departure days.

Included in the package are the following:
* Trophy fee for 1 male Leopard (US$ 4000.00)
* Bait
* Guide, vehicles and tracking team
* Day rate including all meals and drinks
* Transport by road from Windhoek Airport to hunting area and back
* Arrival and Departure days
* License fees, Taxes
* Transport of trophies to Taxidermy

Excluded:
* Flight tickets to Namibia
* Taxidermy work and shipping
* Rifle Hire
* Any additional trophies

Trophy fee of US$ 4,000.00 fully refunded if Leopard is not taken. Not applicable if client wounds or misses Leopard.
Hunt will be conducted in accordance to all new regulation as set out by the Ministry of Environment and Tourism.

Dates of hunt
During the 2011 hunting season

PH Conducting the hunt
Johann Veldsman

Contact Details

Po.Box 407
Henties Bay
Namibia
Africa

Tel: +264 64 697 038
Fax: +264 64 697 038
Mobile: +264 81 128 3105
hunting@shona-adventures.com

Regards

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

www.facebook.com/shonahunting

www.AfricanHuntingNamibia.com
www.conservation-hunting.com

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

Posts: 196 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 23 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somebody ought to fall on this offer like a fat kid on a donut!

Posts: 541 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
is the price $10,500 or $12,000, 2 prices are listed

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ALSO DOUBT OR $ 12000 $ 10500 LEOPARD TROPHY INCLUDED? THE BAIT? POSSIBLE OTHER ANIMALS?

Posts: 30 | Location: MADRID | Registered: 18 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Smokin deal!

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it is $10,500 for the cancellation hunt but he also has a regular priced hunt for $12,000.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Johann. He provided me with great hunt and has fabulous facilities.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys
Original Package was US$ 12 000.00 but due to cancellation we are selling it of for US$ 10 500.00. Only one is available and the first person to pay a deposit will get the hunt.

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is plainsgame hunting included on this deal? if so, what are the trophy fees?

One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
Plains game is available, below is our trophy prices for plains game.
Just take note that not all of the species on the list is available out of the area where the Leopard will be hunted.
If anyone needs more information please contact me directly.

Trophy Prices:

Baboon US$ 100.00
Black Wildebeest US$ 1500.00
Blue Wildebeest US$ 1100.00
Blue Wildebeest Female (second animal) US$ 485.00
Caracal US$ 600.00
Damara Dik Dik US$ 1235.00
Duiker US$ 400.00
Eland US$ 2000.00
Gemsbok US$ 650.00
Gemsbok (Female if added as second animal)US$ 500.00
Giraffe US$ 2700.00
Hartmann Zebra (Mountain) US$ 1100.00
Burchell Zebra (Plains) US$ 1000.00
Kudu US$ 1200.00
Red Hartebeest US$ 725.00
Springbuck US$ 500.00
Steenbuck US$ 350.00
Warthog US$ 450.00
Jackal US$ 50.00
Klipspringer US$ 950.00
Cheetah Female US$ 2500.00
Cheetah Male US$ 3500.00
Waterbuck US$ 2800.00

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Johann,
Can you shoot at night and what is a REALISTIC percentage of killing one??

What size do you expect??

Thanks!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Johann,

My understanding is that at this point it is illegal to use artificial light to hunt leopard in Namibia. With a population of leopards that have been treated as varmints for many many years I'd be interested in your expected success rate on daylight leopard kills since leopard hunting with dogs was made illegal.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12875 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please don't misunderstand the price is great. I just wonder if the success rate is worth the effort.

Wonder what success rate we are talking about here?

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trophy fee of US$ 4,000.00 fully refunded if Leopard is not taken. Not applicable if client wounds or misses Leopard

Johann
It seams strange to me, that you pay a trophy fee for a missed shot, would you only be paying a trophy fee if the leopard is killed or wounded ???????

Posts: 24 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Johann...are you there??

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
Gentleman my apologies for not responding sooner, I was traveling between hunting areas over the last couple of days and is currently in Windhoek.

quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Johann,

My understanding is that at this point it is illegal to use artificial light to hunt leopard in Namibia. With a population of leopards that have been treated as varmints for many many years I'd be interested in your expected success rate on daylight leopard kills since leopard hunting with dogs was made illegal.

Mark

Mark you are correct that hunting at night is currently not allowed but hopefully we will be able to change this soon.

The area where this leopard is to be hunted is in the NW party of Namibia basically bordering Damara Land, we are situated in the Huab river witch is one of the major migration routes for game Moving from the Western part of Namibia.
We have cats coming into the area that has probably never seen humans before and we run into leopards several times during the hunting season in day time.
There are also ways of getting cats onto baits early morning and late afternoon.
The success rate of having an opportunity at a leopard is probably about 65-70%.

quote:
Originally posted by wmunro:
quote:
Trophy fee of US$ 4,000.00 fully refunded if Leopard is not taken. Not applicable if client wounds or misses Leopard

Johann
It seams strange to me, that you pay a trophy fee for a missed shot, would you only be paying a trophy fee if the leopard is killed or wounded ???????

This is standard with a lot of outfitters, if the client takes a shot at a leopard and misses that cat will never come to a bait again. He will stay in the area but the chance of hunting him again is basically Zero. Some outfitters even charge the client if the cat come in but the client decides not to take a shot at the cat.

I will gladly answer any question any one has but please send me an Email, I'm hunting for the next 12 days and will not be able to post but will be able to check my mails from time to time.

hunting@shona-adventures.com

Regards and good hunting.

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it becomes standard that clients are charged a trophy fee for misses, then I am confident that in short order you will have a very healthy population of leopards!

I understand the amount of work required to get baits up, blinds constructed, etc.

Cheers,

Matt M

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are also ways of getting cats onto baits early morning and late afternoon.
The success rate of having an opportunity at a leopard is probably about 65-70%.

Johann,

If you are hunting remote areas with that kind of succes rates on daylight leopard your offers is a very good one.

I must say though I've never heard of charging a client for a missed shot. I suppose at that price a client could live with that one caveat.

Best of luck!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12875 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Johann twice, although not for leopard. If I hadn't just spent a bundle in Hawaii and was not committed to Uruguay in June, I'd take this one. Johann is an up and comer in Namibia and is serious about his work as a PH. Shona Hunting Adventures is a very, very good outfit.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shona:
This is standard with a lot of outfitters, if the client takes a shot at a leopard and misses that cat will never come to a bait again. He will stay in the area but the chance of hunting him again is basically Zero. Some outfitters even charge the client if the cat come in but the client decides not to take a shot at the cat.

Good luck with that

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard the same thing about a leopard being shot at on a bait,never to return to a setup like that again. The professional hunter that I went with in Zimbabwe would only allow 2 misses and then the leopard hunt was done. Shona's deal seems fair enough to me, if he could provide a cat to be shot at, I would think the trophy fee is appropriate for the price he is charging.

One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
Hunt is still available, no one interested??

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Can you please give details of the bait included in the price. Is it a certain number of female impala / sprinbok etc?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
Hi Nakihunter
Baits included will mainly consist of Oryx, Zebra or Donkey. Donkey is definitely one of the better baits due to the higher fat content.

Leopards are not to fussy eaters and we play around a bit to get their attention, I've had good success in the past with fish as well.

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
TTT - I can't believe this hasn't been taken!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Me too... odds are decent for a cat in Namibia over bait and hunt is cheap enough if you just get plainsgame and a refund! Ridiculously cheap if you get your tom. If I only had more time... I can always make more money!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat...No time!

I justify my not taking the hunt because there are no Sable & Buffalo on quota...Whew, that's my lame-ass'd excuse! Lol!

jumping
JW