THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    2017 Alaska grizzly bear over bait....season update!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2017 Alaska grizzly bear over bait....season update!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an arrangement for running a couple grizzly/brown bear hunters at their bait stations in June of 2017.
They have been baiting bears for three season hoping for black bears but all the grizzly keep hitting their baits. This season is the first year grizzly baiting is open.
Hunt from tree stands over established baits, stay in a remote lodge with all the comforts of home! Internet, a cook, a view that don't quit!
Hunt cost includes all transportation once in anchorage Alaska, lodging, meals, bait, and guide fees. License and tag are the only extra fees.
This is a drive in lodge so you never have to worry about bad weather and getting stuck and missing scheduled flights!
Awesome opportunity for archery hunters or those who are in poor physical
Condition. Limited walking and low impact physically. I will add some photos from their bait camera's here shortly.
I do all my own guiding, so I will be there with the client.
Hunt price $14,500
Can be done as a 2x1 for $9,500 per person.
Eight day hunts.
Take place in late May and all of June

Jake d jefferson
Master guide 212
7362 w parks hwy #381
Wasilla, Ak 99623
907-414-9471 text is best

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
Anyone here on AR want to book this with me and get this for 9,500 each ???
I'm in for this if you are.
Pm me
Dennis

Jake can black bear be taken also at this time off the stands if it presents the opportunity ?

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am interested sent a Pm

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Dennis,

sent you a PM

Posts: 599 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should have more pictures coming.
yes you can shoot black bears if they come to the bait, they have been tryinig for black bears for a couple springs now but only grizzlys are hitting the baits. Spring of 2016 is the first year baiting is allowed for grizzly, so the 2017 season will be just getting good i'm thinking!
I may have room for a on-call hunter for june of 2016 if one of my hunters tagges out early this spring. shoot me a note if you might be able to come at the drop of a hat. we can negotiate a daily rate or something for the remaining days i have available.

Master guide #212

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How big is the bear in the top pic? He looks huge to me!!

Posts: 1013 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
Jake hold 2 spots I Have 2 X 1 set up
Thanks
Dennis

Will get depot to you shortly
Tahnks\

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is guess the top bear just shy of 9'.

Master guide #212

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Jake---I'm combat fishing on the Kenai in July when the reds are running. Maybe we can meet for lunch. Bob

Posts: 599 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
5/31-6/8 SOLD
6/11-6/19
6/23-7/1
Are the only dates left open. Pending arrival of deposits.

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
here are a few more pictures from the bait station cameras over the last couple years. this spring is the first spring baiting is legal, so these bears have had a few years to get aclimated to the bait stations. i'm anticipating some good bears coming off the baits.

Great opportunity for the less physically fit or those not able to hike alot. We use four wheelers to get near the baits and walk the last little bit to keep the noise down.

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How are the pelts in the spring ?

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1294 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I watch Jim Shockey hunting those baited white tail deer in Saskatchewan ... the food is out of sight .. i.e. behind a log ...

Just saying ...

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All these pictures are during spring season. Only seen one bear in the pictures that was ugly. But all these photos are taken in June.

Master guide #212

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Awesome looking animals.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9873 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only one hunt left for 2017. Also taking bookings for baited hunts in 2018!

5/31-6/8 SOLD
6/11-6/19
6/23-7/1 SOLD pending arrival
Of deposit.

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting I might have another person who will go with me. I will check with them to see about booking the last spot open.

Posts: 57 | Location: Hill Country, TX | Registered: 29 August 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
can be done in sept 2017?

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same rates for 2018?

Posts: 131 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 28 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No baiting in September. Those are spot and stalk hunts above treeline in the blueberries.

Master guide #212

one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just finished our first season of baiting Grizzlies! Learned a lot. First hunt we had 19 Bears counting Cubs hitting the three baits we had out. But none would come
To the baits while we were there. So for the second hunt I changed up how we operated. And in two nights we had a sow and Cubs visit five times and four different lone Bears come in. One was this 8'10"
Boar who came in with his girlfriend (who is now single...). Three hours later at 1215am we put a hole in his twin brother but we're unable to recover him.
Overall we had approx 28 different Bears hit the baits the month of June that we could figure. Not sure how many others came by that we didn't know about. Looking forward to 2017 (which is booked up) and 2018. For those interested 2018 will be extended the same price as this season!
Great hunt for those who can't get around well, a couple hundred yards of walking is about all. Lodge with wifi and all the comforts of home!!

Master guide #212

posted Hide Post
There must be a story about how you lose a bear shot from a stand at 50 yards or less.

Posts: 13 | Location: Minnesota/South Dakota USA | Registered: 10 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
130 yards, light rain, 1230am. Story is the same as any lost animal, bullet didn't hit vitals.
These Bears are spooky, sitting on top of the bait don't cut it. Gotta be back a ways, these aren't black bears or grizzly that have black bears for competition.
I shoulda figured that's what someone woulda keyed on from that last update.

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a good bear. Why do you think they are so spooky. I have never had too much for issues with Blackies on baits. Are these bears pressured or hunted a lot or just not that hungry enough to come prancing in like most bears? Sounds like you sure got a lot of action at the baits though. Also was curious to how and what you feed a big bear like that?

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These Bears are hunted almost zero. That might be why spooky, people in the woods isn't normal. It's a pretty remote area. Without black bears around to create competition they just feed whenever, no need to hog it
Dog food, beaver carcasses, mollasses, peanut butter all seem to be favorites for them.

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
2017'is sold out.
Two spaces left in 2018!!

Master guide #212