Find
Notify
Tools

AR Group Hunt - Australia 2012
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Group Buffalo Hunt

Hey folks!! I have been thinking about putting together a 4x2 group of like-minded AR members for a July 2012 Asiatic buffalo hunt at our Gan Gan concession, East Arnhem Land, Northern Territory. These 4x2 group hunts always work really well in this area, as there are a lot of animals and we can mix-and-match the hunting situation on a daily basis. This will be a good fun hunt!!!

This is a huge, totally unfenced area. We have had plenty of AR members come and hunt this area and I can provide any number of references. Those members include - Mark R, geoff, NitroX, Craig Bodd, dogleg, Dave Fulson, Greg Rodriguez - just a couple off the top of my head.

5-full days hunting, 6-nights in camp.

Package Cost would be $8,250pp, including one trophy bull and transfers to and from Gove airport. Not included - licence $165, trophy prep $165 per bovine. Other trophies - wild boar $450, scrub bull $2500, additional buffalo at cost.

Proposed dates - July 26-30th inclusive. These are just proposed dates - we can look at other dates as well if these dont suit.

As a part of this AR group hunt I was thinking we would donate $500 from each seat to a nominated charity - I was thinking Something More Safaris?? I would like to do this rather than a discount - what do you think???

Let me know if anyone is keen and we'll try to put together a group!!

Cheers all
Matt Graham

Hunt Australia
www.HuntAust.com.au
office@huntaust.com.au
+612 6771 3529
+612 6771 3187 fax

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt, Greg is standing up behind that Buff, isn't he? :-)

Posts: 20090 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin hehe - he sure is!!

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Matt, Greg is standing up behind that Buff, isn't he? :-)

LOL, poor Greg! Gotta love him though!

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Gotta love him though!
Why do all the girls say that though??? Eeker They are always disappointed later...

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
My goodness you are tough!

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tough but fair Ann, tough but fair.... others will back me up!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt, that top bull is an absolute sod!! I'll be in search of his twin.
I am really looking forward to my 1st Aussie hunt in June. It's an AR get together hunt as well.

Should we run into ya in Darwin by chance , beers on us. We'll be there last week of June.

beer

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt,

Sounds like a great package, are you talking AUS $ or US $ ?

Good luck against the All Black tomorrow

Posts: 91 | Location: Denmark, Hill Billy Westcoast | Registered: 18 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun, quick question "additional buffalo at cost", what would that cost be? Any chance at donkey, camel, horses etc?

And is that in USD or AUS?

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great adventure.

In reality there is very little differance between the US dollar and the Aussie dollar at present - they have been on a par for some time now so the cost will be pretty much as stated.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Either Aussie or US$, depends who books the seats. I take the risk on the US$ - as always Roll Eyes

Thanks Scottyboy - that bull is probably too big to be used in advertising... but it does look nice!! Very difficult to find a bull of that calibre on a wilderness hunt...

quote:
Originally posted by huntfish:

Good luck against the All Black tomorrow
Thanks!! I am so exciting I could pee myself right now!!

quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:
Sounds like fun, quick question "additional buffalo at cost", what would that cost be? Any chance at donkey, camel, horses etc?
Buffalo - trophy bull $2500, management bull $1500, management cows are generally $250ea. Sorry no donkeys, camels, horses in this area - just lots of buffalo!! Pretty good fishing though - no charge for that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The area is crawling with buffalo. I was in that camp a couple months ago and don't see how you could fail to have fun. Big Grin

I'm going back to Oz next year, but doing a feral cull hunt this time. Same outfitter.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Interesting opportunity and a hunt I have always wanted to do... though I must admit I get a bit leery when someone mentions setting aside money for charities. Nothing personal nor am I casting dispersion, its just I have seen this "charity" bit used a few times before without good results. Better just to discount in my opinion.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont mind - I just thought it would be a good fraternal thing to do!! An idea...

Not sure what you mean by 'without good results'?

Anyhow - if 4 people are interested they can decide for themselves what they want to do with the $500... tu2

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Matt,
Again nothing personal mate. And I appreciate you not taking my post in the wrong vein. I guess my point is that a hunt like Andrew Baldry put together and offered the AR members left nothing to chance. A lower cost hunt for a group of four, no frills, good chance for an above average trophy, everyone knew what the deal was and all had a great time.

When you start to complicate much beyond that you begin to run into thorny issues like... if I pay you full price and you make the donation, who gets to write the donation off their taxes, who gets to choose which charity, what if we leave it to each hunter to make a donation, how is it proved up they made the donation before they show up to hunt. Man, I have seen some $hit storms on AR for less.

I admire and appreciate what you are trying to do. Just don't overcomplicate and leave yourself vulnerable for trying to be a nice guy.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Sort of agree with the bwana above. Offer the rebate to the hunters.

That would be my mate Howard in the first picture and luck sticks to him like sheet to a carpet.

Just out of interest why not 6 hunters and 3 on 1?

Cheers.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah OK - the hunters can take the rebate if they wish!! Matters not to me..

6x2?? Well we COULD - but lets get 4 first eh!!! Big Grin 6x2 becomes an issue with the number of days. These are relatively short hunts anyhow, so when you go over 4 hunters in this area I would tend to want to add a couple extra days to cover the situation, making the hunt more expensive rather than cheaper. Throw in a bit of bad weather or other tricky situations and you will wishing for extra days. That said you can kill a goodly number of fine bulls in this area in a short space of time. We once did 6 hunters in 3.5 days and we were really worried about the outcome but in the end they killed 10 trophy bulls - it was just one fV those weeks when everything pops it's head up.... but the hunting was a bit tough the following week!! rotflmo

Looking forward to seeing your groups hunt reports Andrew - one hunt that I would really like to do one day!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah with regard to Howard.... luck?? maybe??

That is one guy who carves his own destiny!!! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt

Im thinking of joinining in the hunt are there any special price on ref lawrence maybe?

Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im not sure what you mean Luan?? Sorry I am a bit thick sometimes!! Big Grin

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt

As a south african i just though if you can give me a special on bryce lawrence the ref i will book 3 buffalos after i shot him.

Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by luan:
Matt

As a south african i just though if you can give me a special on bryce lawrence the ref i will book 3 buffalos after i shot him.

Luan

Depending on Matt's support for the Aus rugby team, he may double the price if you shoot BL and so jeopardize future referee's favouritism for his team! Big Grin

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's a kiwi is he not?? No charge for them!! tu2

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt,
do the voices in my head qualify as a group?? animal

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt
charge Luan pay by the pound he's a little fella and needs the discount animal

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hooker, maybe you can sneak Larry's double over there for the hunt? Have Bailey call him next year and tell him he needs it back for "adjustment" !!! :-)

Posts: 20090 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
Matt,
do the voices in my head qualify as a group?? animal
Hell yeah - if they can make your hand sign an extra check they can!!

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,
I been trying to get one of Baliey's rifle for RSA/ZIM next month without any success

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hook

you are hunting buff--keep your damned hands off the Hornet--not even a Kali poacher is that good.

jumping

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wanta bet????????????? animal animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt,
I'm trying to teach the voices to write checks but they are slow learners!! do you accept IOU's one of the voices has learned to write them. animal and he shares his sheep!!!!!!! animal animal animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure if you take it over and kill a buff with it I will buy it for you-

But

If- for whatever reason-You dont kill a buff with it then you buy it for me-

knife

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how many shots do I get to take??? Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 20 October 2011 03:38 Hide Post
how many shots do I get to take??? Big Grin

Your usual on any animal....10-12. :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So who's coming buffalo hunting anyway??? bewildered

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We're thinking, we're thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ohhhhh.... I see!! rotflmo

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
biebs,
we all know you are not equipped to think!!!! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Took two great buff with Matt and Peter in August. Cannot think of a more enjoyable hunt I have ever been on. Great area, people, and swarming with trophy buffalo. And the fishing was wonderful as well, a real bonus for me !
If you are thinking about really going, give me a call or PM me. Cannot tell you how much I enjoyed it.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote