New
Find
Notify
Tools

DISCOUNTED BIG MOOSE FOR '16
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Kelly Vrem/Rough and Ready Guide Service has two opens because of cancellations for moose this year. Kelly's area is very remote in the Wrangell/St. Elias area in Eastern Alaska and has excellent genetics. Shooting opportunity on a mature bull in the mid 50's to 70 + should be expected.

The guide area is exclusive, only accessible via light aircraft to base camp and then horses from there forward. There is no local pressure making the area very wild. Judge G and his daughter hunted this area last year and I'm sure Ernest would be happy to fill anyone in on their experience.

You would need to arrange your own travel to Chitina, AK that can be reached via rental car from Anchorage on good roads or charter. Kelly will meet you in Chitina and fly you to base. You then will spike out via horse back from there.

Kelly will assist with handling meat and trophies.

Pricing:

1X1 9 full hunting days $15,500 was $18,500 and will be $19,500 for '17
Wrangell/St. Elias National Park and Preserve hunts fee 3%
Alaska Non-resident Hunting Preservation Fund $150
Alaska Hunt Record Activity Report $50.00

Available dates Aug 21-29 or Sept 1-9

Please contact me anytime with your questions

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, since you currently have the opportunity to solicit hunts on this website, I personally feel you have the obligation to prospective clients (including myself) to clarify the contract issues being discussed.

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Kelly is a good guy for what it's worth.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Brett. I appreciate the reference from
someone who is familiar with Kelly and his operation.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Last September, I was in the camp where the Moose Hunt will be. Everything was well done by Kelly and his crew. Two moose hunters finished up their hunts before I left. One was B & C and the other was quite a trophy too.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish I could Mark....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In a few years...I hope.