Notify
Tools

Scottish Highland stags 2022
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted
Hi everyone,
I would like to offer to you the opportunity to come and hunt Red and/or Sika stags in the Scottish Highlands in 2022. The season starts on the 1st July and ends on the 20th October. Prime months are the second half of September through October. This is when the stags are rutting and gathering hinds together but this does not mean you won’t see/shot stags from the start on the season. In July the stags will still be in velvet but by August they would have lost this.
My outfitter has three estates totalling 30,000 acres of forest and open ground. I have personally hunted these estates so you're not getting second had information.

Agent – Mike Taylor Sporting
Outfitter – Ewan Fraser Deerstalking

These are 1x1 hunts but we can take two hunters out on the hill each day, so great for a couple of friends. Hunts can be from one day up to five days depending on how many stags you wish to hunt.

Red stags up to 11 points £550 per stag
Royal Red stags £1,600 per stag
Imperial Red stags £1,850 per stag
Sika stags of any size £450 per stag
In the event of a blank day shooting guests will be charged £200 per day.

Rifle hire per person per day £40
Preparation of trophies £50 per head (if exporting)
Visitor permit £20 per person
COPPER AMMUNITION ONLY if bringing your own rifle and ammo

We will apply for the visitor permit on your behalf before you travel to Scotland.

Residents of EU Member States must be in possession of a European Firearms Pass. A photocopy or electronic scan of the EFP has to be forwarded with the application for a UK permit.

For those not resident of an EU Member State, applications should be accompanied by the original, or a copy of, any hunting or firearms licences held in his or her own country as well as evidence of an invitation to shoot in Scotland. We will send you an invitation letter.

Not included in the above prices
International flights to and from Scotland
Hotel accommodation during your hunt (this will include breakfast) we ask guests to book their own accommodation but we will recommend a few hotels (The Balavil Hotel and The Glen Hotel in Newtonmore)
Evening meals and drinks
Meet & Greet at the airport/drive to hotel by me £400 return
Car rental at the airport (Edinburgh or Inverness) if I am not available to collect and drive you to your hotel (Edinburgh 2 hour drive, Inverness 1 hour drive)
Taxidermy costs
Shipping of trophies to your own country
Insurance of any kind

Terms and Conditions
All the above prices are excluding 20% VAT (this needs to be added)
Bookings must be made by email and will be confirmed on receipt of a deposit, which is due at the time of booking.
A non-refundable deposit of £200 per person per day is required to secure bookings (paid directly to Mike Taylor Sporting).
Final balance must be paid or payment terms agreed before departure.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 684 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Defiantly on my bucket list. Thanks for posting Mike.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanajay:
Defiantly on my bucket list. Thanks for posting Mike.

It would be a pleasure to have you over here Jay.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Mike hi, Re shotgun certs and rifle certs, I spoke to Suffolk Police Firearms Office and they conceded that as UK is not longer Europe, the will accept a German or other European firearm / hunting permit as opposed to a European Firearms Permit. Stated that as local licenses are in foreign languages it makes it harder for them but they will not insist on a European permit now that Britain has exited the EU.

I am aware that this is Suffolk Police, but I imagine the rest will follow suit and adopt a similar Brexit approach.

Btw very good offer !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2260 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Mike hi, Re shotgun certs and rifle certs, I spoke to Suffolk Police Firearms Office and they conceded that as UK is not longer Europe, the will accept a German or other European firearm / hunting permit as opposed to a European Firearms Permit. Stated that as local licenses are in foreign languages it makes it harder for them but they will not insist on a European permit now that Britain has exited the EU.

I am aware that this is Suffolk Police, but I imagine the rest will follow suit and adopt a similar Brexit approach.

Btw very good offer !

Hi Charlie64,

For hunters arriving from EU member states, the main form needed is the Visitor's Firearms Permit (VFP) which is applied for by a sponser. A copy of your European Firearms Pass (EFP) would need to be forwarded with your VFP application.

It is not a requirement to show your EFP on Entering Scotland but I would have it with you just to be on the safe side.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Miketaylor,

I am interested in a 5 day hunt at the beginning of October. 2022.

Can you provide an estimate of the cost of lodging and meals for a trip of this duration?

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you have any pictures of the size of the Stags that can be taken? Thanks

Posts: 695 | Location: westvirginia | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PWN375:
Miketaylor,

I am interested in a 5 day hunt at the beginning of October. 2022.

Can you provide an estimate of the cost of lodging and meals for a trip of this duration?

Hi PWN375,

I'll send you a PM.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097

One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgegibbs505:
Do you have any pictures of the size of the Stags that can be taken? Thanks

I have added some photos of Red and Sika stags. All the Red stags shown are up to 11 points.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would certainly be interested in this hunt as I am very low on Sika stags and older malt whisky. I also would like an estimate of costs of hotels etc. Thank you.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scruffy:
I would certainly be interested in this hunt as I am very low on Sika stags and older malt whisky. I also would like an estimate of costs of hotels etc. Thank you.

Hi scruffy,

I recommend two hotels in Newtonmore, these are The Balavil Hotel and the other is The Glen Hotel. The cost per night is around £100 (this depends on the time of year). This includes breakfast which in the Balavil is a buffet style and the in the Glen it's made to order.

I have stayed in both hotels and found the breakfast in both to be very good. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The food in the evenings is also very nice with local produce on the menu.

If you would like any more information send me an email mtaylorsporting@gmail.com

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097