Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo Cull hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GunsmokeAdventures
posted
We have available some Cull Hunts for Water Buffalo in the Northern Territory, Australia

5 day hunt 2x1 $6000 USD per hunter

This is an awesome hunt and opportunity to harvest a huge amount of animals (up to 20 buffalo per day between the two hunters)
There is a large population of buffalo in the region and you will see vast herds of animals on the flood plains. These are non-trophy animals and no skinning or taking of horns will be permitted
These hunts are conducted in remote Arnhem Land concession. This is aboriginal land there are restrictions on alcohol consumption in this region

2 hunters and 1 professional guide @ $6000 per hunter (5 days/4 nights) Price includes……

 Up to 10 animals per day/per hunter
 Food and non alcoholic drinks
 Accommodation
 Aboriginal Land access fee
 Airport pickup(local community airstrip)
 hunting vehicle and all transport on the concession
 Complimentary Rifle hire if required (.300 win mag or .375 H&H available)

Extras
 Ammunition if required for a loan rifle is provided at cost price
 $150 Assistance fee to obtain international visitors permit if required
 Transfer to the concession
 Additional cull hunting days or guided sport fishing for Barramundi from a boat may be added @ $1100 per hunter/per day fully inclusive

Options for your transfer to the concession are

a) Commercial flight Mon/Wed/Fri (1 hour flight ) EX Darwin to the nearby Aboriginal community @ approx. $600 one way per person
b) A private charter Ex Darwin to private airstrip on the concession and can be arranged to take up to 4 of you for approx $2500 one way
c) Vehicle transfer Ex Darwin (8 hour trip) to take up to 4 of you @ $750 one way

Info@gunsmokeadventures.com.au
+61438860510

Posts: 93 | Location: Darwin, Australia  | Registered: 21 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That really sounds like some fun. Double rifle fun. If one wanted a trophy buff aswell could that be arranged

Posts: 203 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can this hunt be done in 2014? I want to do another buffalo cull hunt but my 2013 dance card is already full. If this is an "all in" price I'd even be willing to do a couple back to back.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dogleg:
Can this hunt be done in 2014? I want to do another buffalo cull hunt but my 2013 dance card is already full. If this is an "all in" price I'd even be willing to do a couple back to back.

I have the same questions

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tell us more....can the hunt be done in november/december..?

Any pics from the hunting grounds..?

Accomodation..?

Posts: 3965 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have done this type of cull hunt before. Who is your outfitter? Are you able to disclose the exact location of the concession in NT?

To confirm, there are no per animal fees? Can buff of either sex be taken?

I am most interested for 2014.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 620 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Please tell us more.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am also interested in this if it can be taken in 2014.

DRSS

Posts: 625 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great fun trip. Can we shoot pigs?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,
to answer some of your questions.

This is a cull hunt and time will be dedicated to obtaining your 10 animals each per day. There is no trophy cost all. Your allocated animals are included in the hunt cost (yes up to 50 animals in the 5 days if you can shoot them)
Jimmara - you are right this is double rifle fun at its best

We are not targeting trophy animals and on this hunt time will not be dedicated to locating and stalking such animals.

Geoff - we will not discriminate between the sexes. Bulls and cows will be taken as long as they are not of trophy quality. Any trophy animals encountered the guide will instruct you not to shoot at.

I will offer AR members the following animals for a trophy fee ONLY if it presents itself on a chance encounter during the hunt
The following fees would apply if one were to harvest a trophy on this hunt

trophy buffalo bull up to 106 SCI @ $3500
trophy buffalo cow @ $2000
Wild ox/Scrub Bull @ $2500
Trophy Boar @ $400
Caping of any trophy animal $400

There are not so many pigs on the concession but the buffalo and scrub bulls are plentiful

For those wishing to target trophy animals then a dedicated trophy hunt is recommended. (I will post some separate offers sometime soon)

I am currently booking these hunts for 2013

Pondoro - it is very late season into November December quite hot and high likelihood of some heavy rain as we go into our wet season. The drive in option would not be available at this time of year. Early November would be best if you want to come late.

The accommodation is homestead accommodation with air conditioned double or twin share rooms with proper beds and mattress. I will try to post some Pics
I hope I answered most questions
Barry

+61438860510

Posts: 93 | Location: Darwin, Australia  | Registered: 21 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just as a matter of curiosity, what do you do with the carcasses? Is the meat harvested at all?

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On these particular hunts due to the remotness and number of animals taken in a short period of time in a hot climate nothing is recovered and the meat is not utilized.

+61438860510

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you the actual outfitter/guide, and if not can you post that info?

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will outfit the hunt. Guide may be myself or another in camp

+61438860510

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
got the deposit wired in

got the permits coming [took Barry all of 2 days!!]

bought the flight

so here we go

cullin buff late October early nov

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for next year. Will welcome your report.

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
next July will bring dry er and cooler weather

so good plan

decided not to wait so may be hot and muggy this late in the year

but decided to head over now we will see how it goes

but should be early enough to miss the big rains

driving out flying back

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
gun licence came in so about 3 weeks to get the paper work done and delivered to the usa

nice gun permit card included

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this an every year occurance?
I've got medical issues and several serious surgeries looking at me for the next yr. IF it's all done, I survive and am healed in time would sure be interested in doing this but, no way I could until 2015.

Let's see some more info, pics and reports from some others that have gone on this bull shoot.

IF I'd do this, I'd want to bring a .375 for the big stuff and try to connect with someone else in Darwin for pigs. Possibly into Vic for Sambar all in one trip. Such a trip for me would be once in a lifetime, just as well spend the time and do it right since I have some contacts elsewhere also.

Thank you,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cull, Bull

Cull Cow

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwci...cfo9vmm/CIMG2009.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e3k...ypituzj/CIMG2026.JPG

Two experienced German Hunters booking from this AR forum just left on there plane home last night. They had an awesome time and took 96 Buffalo in 5 days hunting ....... Attached are some images of animals they shot.

we are not booking yet for 2015 but are booking hunts in 2014. There are some openings left for cull hunts @$6500 US 2x1 hunting

+61438860510

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Frank,
I see from the post above your import permit and licence has arrived for you. Good stuff

see you in a couple of weeks

+61438860510

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunsmokeAdventures:
Cull, Bull

Cull Cow

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwci...cfo9vmm/CIMG2009.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e3k...ypituzj/CIMG2026.JPG

Two experienced German Hunters booking from this AR forum just left on there plane home last night. They had an awesome time and took 96 Buffalo in 5 days hunting ....... Attached are some images of animals they shot.

we are not booking yet for 2015 but are booking hunts in 2014. There are some openings left for cull hunts @$6500 US 2x1 hunting

Did the cost of the hunt go up $500? I noticed in the original post it was $6000.00.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
got it all in now just packing the bags

see ya soon

samir

he priced it in 13 at 6k for 2

8 k for one--- I took that 1 0n 0ne FOR 13

he priced 2014 for 6.5 k for 2 on one so that's up in the original offer for you to ref on this thread

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Samir,

Yes, as per above post. price in 2013 is 6K
Price in 2014 is 6.5K

+61438860510

One of Us
Picture of Jeff Graves
posted Hide Post
I am very interested in doing this in 2014.

I would be seeking a hunting partner to join me.

How would the weather be in August?

Posts: 56 | Location: United States | Registered: 11 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
August weather is a nice time to hunt. It is our dry season and the humidity is much lower. You can expect fine days around 32 deg celcius each day.
We have a few other hunters looking for someone to buddy up with so I am sure that can work out

+61438860510

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
heading over tomorrow so locked and loaded

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for the report. It sound like a really fun hunt!!! It's going to be hard not to go over on amo weight.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am anxious for your report. I am looking at doing this hunt in a year or two. That will be a lot of shooting. Great fun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stradling:
heading over tomorrow so locked and loaded

Go gett'em...looking forward to your report and photos tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
back now

Monday 20 head
Tuesday 07 head
Wednesday 15 head
Thursday 13 head
Friday 29 head

15 head a day total 75

-- shot 84 head so 9 over quota for the 5 days

Berry is developing something that will pull folks from Africa

we covered 1,000 km of hunting track in the 5 days

untouched country for the most part

one pig

pic's later in hunt report

running buffalo in cathedral forests of the paper bark tree --- is something you do not want to miss

when you go take 250-300 rounds of ammo

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you had a very successful hunt tu2

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to pictures.

beer

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
send me your email and I will forward a few to you for posting here if you like

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to the pics and any other details you can give. My turn is coming next year. dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
when you go take 250-300 rounds of ammo

Not always possible if you fly due to airline limit.

Worth buying some in Darwin if you can.

I'll put this on the Aussie thread as well.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
Guys Hunt Photos are now posted on the Australia tab under gun smoke safari cull hunt

some of the guys have ask about the weather

from what I learned on the hunt booking in Aug is the best weather

3 months up to November 1 is about the range of the dry I hunted up to November 2 and it is raining out there this week

we had dry nice weather not to hot not to muggy

Tony says I am just lucky to have had that kind of a week this time of year

for folks trying to make contact with Barry Of Gun-smoke Safari just pm him on this thread or pm me and I will send you his email

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Frank,
yes the weather is its most temperate around August, we see more buffalo and they move more as it gets later in the year and there is less water around though. Sept and October are very good months to hunt buffalo

+61438860510

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunsmokeAdventures:
Thanks Frank,
yes the weather is its most temperate around August, we see more buffalo and they move more as it gets later in the year and there is less water around though. Sept and October are very good months to hunt buffalo

May be interested doing this hunt with my 24 yr old son in a year or two...Sounds awesome for the price tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote