New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cameroon cancellation
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hunt cancellation opens a great concession at the peak of the giant eland rut. $1000 per hunter off web prices. As fees were pre-paid this savings will pass on to anyone who can make the dates January 16-30, 2013. Discount applies to these dates only.

Here are some of the animals we have taken:

Cost is $7000 for 2 hunters going together (or $8000 for a solo hunter). This includes a government concession fee of $1000. You get help organizing your hunting license and gun import. (Cost ~$800) This makes a total of $7800@ for 15 days in country, of which you should get in ~11 days of hunting. This is all inclusive until a trophy is shot.

You can change concessions if you wish mid-way through the hunt. It is a self guided, but fully outfitted hunt.

BEFORE YOU LEAVE:
• You get a complete list of what to bring and what is provided, down to your toothbrush.
• I will work with you ahead of the hunt to get your gun import paperwork, visa and hunting license in Cameroon completed.

WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
• I have a crew in-country that picks you up at the airport, Yaoundé (NSI airline code). My staff is used to handling English and French speaking clients, but French is their primary language. They have done this successfully more than 50 times.
• I arrange local transportation, which includes trains, my vehicles and/or a hired car to take you to the concession. In-country transport is included in your fee. This is a hunt where you go out with vehicles then track the game once spoor is found.
• I arrange to loan you some basic bulky and camp gear and give you a list of your personal gear you bring. You are responsible for all of your own personal gear.
• All your in-country food is purchased for you along with provisions for the staff. I pay for these. I recommend you bring some freeze-dried food and snacks, but basic food is provided. At the government concession there is a hotel/bar about an hour’s drive away. You can have some meals there or even stay ther if you wish, but that is all at your own cost. It is the only place for a cold beer in 50 miles.
• I arrange to have someone to boil water (not to be confused with a real cook) for you, trackers (usually pretty sharp) and porters (usually pretty dull). You will have a staff of 4-5 personnel. I pay for them.
• There are experienced skinners, but you are still responsible for the oversight of the skinning.

AT THE END OF THE TRIP:
• I will arrange to have paperwork completed at the end of the trip so trophies can be exported. This includes all CITES and veterinary paperwork for export. I arrange for air shipping (Brussels Air is the only carrier operating out of Cameroon.) I charge $2000 for all the export work. This includes a $500 credit on shipping fees.

Trophy fees For Cameroon Hunt
Eland * $ 4,000
Buffalo * $ 2,500
Roan * $ 2,000
waterbuck $ 900
hartebeest $ 500
bushbuck/reedbuck $ 500
Red river/wart hogs $300
giant forest hog $ 1000
peter & other duiker $ 400
Western cob $500
Oribi $400

* Denotes group 1 animal of which you are only allowed 2 on a hunt. Four other animals are allowed per hunter/year (Group 2) You may take up to six total animals and they can all be group 2 animals, just not more than two of the group 1 animals. Not more than 4 of group 2 animals.

This hunt is for the “Open” zones from the government. We use established camp and vehicles to go out daily. These are the best zones we hunt for game harvested. Roan and/or buffalo opportunities have been 100% in this zone. All animals listed below in the trophy fees are in the zone. You can expect multiple opportunities at game and eland are in the zone. You return to the main permanent camp each night. Cooking is still very basic. One option is to stay in the National Park headquarters. You will be responsible for any charges associated with this, but it is a nice camp and they run a generator every evening for several hours. This is BY FAR the least strenuous and most successful hunt we offer. It is my recommendation for all first time hunters.
Hunters can also change locations to my 115,000 acre hunting concession that is the personal hunting concession of the King of Cameroun in the north. This can be done anytime after 5 days in the government concession. In this area waterbuck, kob, warthog, bhor reedbuck, Cameroun bushbuck and duikers are common. So far we have found a lot of roan as the larger species. We have found some eland and buffalo, but they are not prevalent. You stay in the most comfortable camp we operate next to a nice river with good fishing. There is a regular kitchen with dining room to eat at. Solar power provides light and necessities. Beds are supplied with mosquito nets. It is generally a hot hunt. You go out daily from camp in a vehicle and return at dark after following tracks or sitting in some of the blinds overlooking salt licks. You will have an audience with the king, if he is in court, should you wish.

CUSTOM HUNTS: Check out details on our web site: Bombazihunting.com
cam.greig@yahoo.com

Camshaft
Licensed PH in Cameroon

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote