THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Namibia - End of Season Buffalo and Leopard Special
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia - End of Season Buffalo and Leopard Special
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted
We are offering some great discounted, late season, DG hunts for 2016

Hunt 1 - Save $ 2 000.00
14 Day Leopard hunt in the NW part of Namibia.
Was $ 19 000.00 now $ 17 000.00

Included:

* Arrival and departure days * Transfer to and from Windhoek International Airport by road * Trophy fee of US$ 5 000.00 (Refunded in full if Leopard is not taken) * License fees * Government taxes * Baits * Services of a licensed PH * Hunting vehicles and teams to setup and check baits * All meals * Soft drinks, beer and wine * Field preparation work of your trophies * Delivery of you trophies to Taxidermy

Not Included:

Flights to and from Windhoek International Airport * Taxidermy work *Dipping, packing and shipping of trophies
Pre-baiting can be done at an additional fee.

Hunt 2 - Save $ 3 000.00
7 Day Easter Caprivi Buffalo Hunt
Was $ 24 000.00 now $ 21 000.00

Included:

* Arrival and departure days * Transfer to and from Katima Mulilo Airport by road * Trophy fee of US$ 6 500.00 (Refunded in full if Buffalo is not taken) * License fees * Government taxes * Services of a licensed PH * Hunting vehicles and team * All meals * Soft drinks, beer and wine * Field preparation work of your trophies * Delivery of you trophies to Quarantine Station in Katima

Not Included:

Flights to and from Katima Mulilo airport* Accommodation while traveling* Quarantine cost* Transport of trophies from Katima Mulilo to Windhoek* Taxidermy work *Dipping, packing and shipping of trophies

Hunt 3 - Save $ 8 000.00
21 Day Leopard and Buffalo Combination Hunt
Book the above mentioned hunts as a combination 21 day Safari and save an additional $ 3000.00 for a total of $ 8 000.00 discount.

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

www.facebook.com/shonahunting

www.AfricanHuntingNamibia.com
www.conservation-hunting.com
Mobile: +264 81 128 3105

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

Posts: 196 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 23 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
Nice old Tom on one of our baits this morning. This cat is available on one of the mentioned packages.

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
To be clear, that's ONE buffalo on 7 day hunt at $21,000 US, regularly $24,000?

Eeker

One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
Correct, one buffalo.

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Johann greetings,

A genuine question if I may - how is it possible that a 7 day buff hunt inc trophy comes out at USD 21.000,- being USD 4.000,- more expensive than a 14 day leopard hunt priced at USD 17.000,-

In all my years of hunting - and I have hunted buff and leopard - I cannot recall a quote where the buff was more expensive than a leopard from one and the same outfitter esp with 7 more days on the leopard.

I am sure that a few others on AR have looked at this in the same way as me and raised a question mark.

Cheers

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
Hi Charlie
Thanks for the genuine question.
The short answer to this is that the Buffalo is in the Caprivi and the Leopard is on my own land.
The Caprivi is one of the more expensive places to hunt buffalo, apart from it being a very popular and unique area it is also government owned and community based concessions where most of the cost for this hunt goes to them.

The leopard on the other hand is out of my own camp on my own property where the cat belongs to me. Obviously my expenses are lower.

To put it in perspective, Leopard hunts in government concessions run anywhere from 28k - 32k. Makes the 17k as advertised even more appealing Wink

Hope it answers your question.

Kind Regards and Good Hunting

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Yes it does. Thanks for explaining and good luck selling the hunts. Great price for a tom.

C

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shona:
Nice old Tom on one of our baits this morning. This cat is available on one of the mentioned packages.

beautiful cat! good luck

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shona:

Is this cat on your property south of Kamanjab? I love that area- I've hunted three times with Jan du Plessis, whom I believe you know well. I head back in April 2017.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote